Searching...

Re: SAGEMCOM F@ST 3864AC Blocking ports to xbox one?

Sirfuzzman

did you have any luck? this modem is complete garbage.

the last 2 days ive had nothing but problems with my xbox one x.

cant play The Division with getting disconnected every 3 mins.

ive forwarded all the ports, tried setting up a dmz.

nothing works. this is completely frustrating.

can i just buy a new non optus modem do you think?

i have a tp link archer d5 and it doesnt seem to work with optus.

Tarik

I am having the same issue, 3 modems, static IP address’s nothing is working if someone has.a fix please post it here because I’m pretty close to cancelling my service with Optus 

Gavske

Optus, has there been any progress on this issue?

I have read the whole thread and all the information appears to be very thorough in terms of identifying the problem. I am reluctant to call through with the issue as quite often the operators only know basic troubleshooting. Look forward to hearing from you.

Highlighted

Infinity17

I FIXED THE ISSUE   Went and bought myself a modem and everything works flawlessly  I will be hitting up optus to reimburse me my months of pain or at leased some of it as I went through 2 of their crap modems and as per usual I got told I would get a call back to see if the new modem works and they never called.. Not had a Single issue with new modem with any device 

Optus shame it's taking so long for us to be heard ! 

Not happy and will now be possibly Shopping around. 

Sirfuzzman

What modem did you buy?

I have an Archer D5 that refuses to connect to Optus. 

Johnboy7761

Hey dude I just hooked up the sagemcom 3864ac modem and instantly ot blocked my pc to my xbox 360. What modem did you buy as I've read heaps of posts on several forums and the consensus is that this midem is pile of garbage. 

Johnboy7761

Problem fixed. Bought dlink dva 2800 modem. Everthing worked out of the box. Even got the home phone to work after hacking sagemcom modem for sip info

Infinity17

I was that convinced it was a modem I went all out and bought a Dlink taipan. I did not want to pay so much for a modem but I have 6 devices wireless and 2 hard working all the time and needed reliability.

Seems like others have had success with their dlinks and netgears. Not sure why the archer won't comply as it should work well also. We realistically should not be going through this at all and I was given a month's bill wavered but we should get more acknowledgement as this is a wide spread problem that optus is shrugging off and getting away with charging everyone for a modem device which has the worst software that's been seen in recent years and they are doing nothing about it. I had contacted optus via chat 8 times and had enough of that getting nowhere so calling them to get escalated just to get a month credit took 3 months of constantly drilling the optus team. I was only contacted back once and was told many times that a team leader was to contact me which never did 

Don't give up keep calling to get some reimbursement of your non excistant intermittent internet which we are paying for! 

If there is a deal that's close to optus I'm gone as optus had been one of the worst companies to deal with these recent years  

Johnboy7761

The whole time with the sagemcom modem i had good internet and wireless speeds. It jist blocked my media server pc from ps4, xbox 360 and even a optus fetchbox. After i hooked up the dlink dva 2800 everything worked out of the box. The dva 2800 had voip functionality and after getting my sip info from the sagemcom i was able to get the phones working as well. If your internet is flaky it's probably your connection that is bad. Optus tech support is useless, i have a house plant that's more tech savy. Just keep at them and even contact the ombudsmen to intervene if they can't fix your connection. Once thats fixed try your new modem again.

J0NESY

Any chance you can send me the SIP info so I can do the same? Not sure I will be able to hack the Sagemcom

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos