Searching...
Highlighted

Router not picking up NAS on Windows 10 Network

binx77

Hi,

I have a F@ST3864V2 modem for my NBN and I have a Western Digital NAS unit (PR2100) that has disappeared from my network on Windows 10.

Initially I thought the problem was with windows and the device itself but I am left wondering perhaps there is something in the router settings that I need to look into. Does anyone have any advice/experience with an issue like this?

Thanks

Re: Router not picking up NAS on Windows 10 Network

SillyGogo

could a DHCP issue, go into your NAS and change the IP setting to DHCP..

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

binx77

I am unable to load the nas dashboard on my computer, it says sight cannot be reached. 

SillyGogo

has it ever worked on your current setup? or you have just got a new modem? If you know the previous modem's ip range then you can manually assign the same ip range on your computer and try to connect to the NAS that way. If not then you might have to reset your NAS, I don't have a WD Nas to try out and not sure if data will be lost, so do at your own risk and judgement.

Another option is plug your old modem/router back in to access the dash board and change the ip adress to DHCP then plug the new modem back here.

here are some information i found:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=14170

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=14172

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos