cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Returning equipment

How do I return all my old wifi and modem now I have nbn connected?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning equipment

I do believe you own it so there would be nothing to return. Was this cable or adsl modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cable. If I own it then I can sell it? I'd rather it be re- used than go to landfill.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not much use for the old cable modems. I see a link from  in another post that might be worth pursuing.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/What-do-to-with-free-modem/td-p/145679

http://www.1800recycle.com.au/recycle%20modem.html

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm wodnering the same. I was told i would recieve a satchel that i could then take to the post office. That was over 4 weeks ago and i have tried FB messenger, email, and long times waiting on the phone to speak to somebody but all to no avail. I suppose i will keep it until such tie as they try to charge me for it, or disconnect my service. Appreciate they are probably busier than normal at the moment but this is just annoying. Who knows, maybe they'll respond to this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up jgesq74 as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors