Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MrAngryDad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Restore / Remove Parental contols NBN 5366

New NBN Subscription - Quite Happy

Testing the Parental controls on the Sagemon F@st 5366 Modem

I selected a device and set it to "Deny All". Now the device is unavailable in the pool of devices under management to have the setting removed or restored.

Cant find anything in the manual or Online

QUESTION: How do I restore

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kartika

Re: Restore / Remove Parental contols NBN 5366

Hi @MrAngryDad, how about factory reset the modem - just press the reset button (might need a pin) at the back of the modem to see if this fixes the issue.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Kartika 

how about factory reset the modem

A a factory reset should be a last option, not a first and only option.

@MrAngryDad wrote:

QUESTION: How do I restore

The device has to be connected to the router before it will appear in the parental control device device list.

@Kartika , this behaviour is a bug as far as I'm concerned. Once a device has any parental controls applied to it, you must be able to manage those controls even if the device being limited is not currently connected.

Kartika

Appreciate where you are coming from @YetAnotherAcc. I have forwarded the details to our internet team for review and future reference. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors