cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reserve DHCP outside the DHCP pool

hi,  I am trying to setup my SAGEMCOM F@ST 5366 LTE network but the DHCP setting seems more  challenging than expected.

On my previous router, my DHCP range is from 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.0.250. I have set all my DHCP reservations with all my network devices MAC and IP ranging from 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.102 for the moment. So all unknown device will be allocated an IP from 200 while the "reserved" devices will be allocated an IP as per the reservation table. Therefore I can easily determined based on the IP , if the device is known or not.

Not with the 5366, the reserved IPs need to be within the range of the DHCP pool. If I trying otherwise, I get the error "Invalid IP in Range".

If I set my DHCP pool range as 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254 and add my reserved addresses, as the IP are not successive, I am afraid than unknown devices will be addressed an IP between reserved IPs. Therefore, it wont be possible for me to easily identify those unknown devices.

Is there any solution to configure the 5366 to acheive the same IP allocation as my previous modem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Reserve DHCP outside the DHCP pool

You can't do what you want.

I suggest going to the main 5366 LTE thread and request that that feature be added.

0 Kudos

Re: Reserve DHCP outside the DHCP pool

Hi @ricobelo

Thank you for raising this issue with us. As @YetAnotherAcc has mentioned, it looks like this isn't possible as of yet. 

Not to worry, I have marked this as feedback for the relevant teams to review.