cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Relocation

Hi All 

I am going through nightmare of relocation with Optus 

I had put relocation request 2 weeks before moving and day before moving I checked with Optus if everything was on track and I was told I just have to plug router and I should be good to go 

Sounds good but it was beginning of my horror

On the day I moved I didn't had internet service I called Optus I was told it needs to be activated and a request is already placed it should be activated in 24 hrs 

Next day I called to check status I was told there is no request guy who talked to me forgot to put request a fresh request is put up and should take 24 hrs it's been escalated 

Day 3 I called to check status it is in process and will take 48 hrs 

Day 5 I called to check status and now they told me service is not active it was put on old address 

Bunch of idiots they don't know what are they doing 

I am without internet and this is causing me trouble I have to travel 2 hrs each direction bcoz I can't work remotely 

Now they say it would take another 10 days 

I want to cancel my 2 year contract with Optus and move to another provider as they are unable to provide services despite putting up request 2 weeks in advance and daily follow-up 

Can I complain about this to ombudsman

They messed up completely

Frustrated

Customer

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Relocation

Hi there @v_waiting, I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this relocation request. If you'd like to send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number I can take a look into it for you.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hannah

I have sent you PM with my details... Please Lodge a complaint and provide me complaint reference no that i can give to ombudsman

Optus team is not able to handle simple relocation request i should not suffer for poor service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hannah,

Was hoping some one would go through what has happened and would give a call back with resolution.. but it seems you guys are not bothered at all...

After going through all this i am getting monthly bill.. with no internet service.. 

Could you please send me complaint no so that i can take it to ombudsman... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@v_waiting, we've taken a closer look and we've sent through our findings via PM. We'll continue chatting with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I have replied to your query... I have already submitted required document on 25-Jan-2018 to  MoveSolutionsDropbox@optus.com.au and OptusActivations@optus.com.au. but never heard back from you guys..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I have sent you a PM.. Internet assistance kit that you guys have sent requires to be recharged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@v_waiting, I've replied back. We'll chat there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan 

Activation process is asking me to select plan you said it is already loaded with plan

Can't activate i am blocked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Activation process forces to select plan 

Could you fix this as matter of urgency 

I was hopping everything would be easy after having so much of trouble 

But it looks like still there is no end

0 Kudos