Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Aftab
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Relocation of nbn Services

Can Optus advise me how my services can be relocated. I contacted twice and was told that it can not be done because some action is pending with Optus staff. On telephone it is asking me to hold the line for 45 minutes which I can't afford. 

Optus please advise.

Aftab Siddiqui

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Relocation of nbn Services

Hi,

Relocation of NBN services should be quite straight forward usually. The main issue is does the house you are moving to have NBN already connected?

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address
0 Kudos
Aftab
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. Relocation of NBN services may be quite straight forward usually but not in my case because when I called Optus twice, I was told there is some nbn related action pending with Optus staff . I am moving 5 streets way from current location and looks like nbn connection is available.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Try Twitter or Facebook for possibly a quicker response time. Unfortunately Optus and NBN don't seem to have a very transparent / straight forward connection so information can be hard to come by and sometimes conflicting.

Can only suggest you try again. First try work out if the issue is with NBNCo or Optus side.
0 Kudos
Aftab
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Upon call to Optus twice today, I have been advised that the issue is with Optus to close out particularly when I have moved to an nbn plan signed in October 2019.
I need to know how can I request on-line for the relocation of nbn services. I am being charged every month for nbn services agreement executed. If Optus is charging for the services they are not providing to me then I shall deal separately through complaint services. Is there any on-line complaint service that you can refer to me? Most of the time I need to follow Optus as if I am service provider and Optus is my customer.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Unfortunately when there's an issue involving a customer, Optus and the NBN it seems to often fall to the customer to do the heavy lifting and keep things progressing.

At this stage there's no further action you can take it seems. There is no online relocation option. You have to ring 1300 555 241 and request it and it seems you've already done that.

If Optus can't relocate you then you could perhaps request the service be stopped (without penalty)

0 Kudos
Aftab
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I very much appreciate your follow up in relation to relocation of my NBN services. A technician came and installed the NBN modem at the new address.

I agree that when there's an issue involving a customer, Optus and the NBN, it seems to often fall to the customer to do the heavy lifting and keep things progressing. Heavy lifting is not a problem, as a customer every body would like to see Optus proactive in finding a reasonable solution to the issue in a transparent manner.

Any way thank you again for the feedback and keeping us updated.