cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor claudia-t
New Contributor

Relocation of NBN

I hope someone can help!

So I moved into my new place on 19/10/2018, I had already organised the move from my old place to the new one 3 weeks prior via the online form.

I had double checked with two separate agents on two separate occasions via live chat before we moved that the connection would be active on 19/10/2018 at the new house and I would just be able to plug my modem in and use the internet straight away, to which they both confirmed I would be able to do so as my modem is NBN compatible.

I plugged in my modem (as per the instruction of said agents) and the internet did not work, all lights came on apart from the internet light. I live chatted again and was advised that my connection was at the new place however, there’s a “cease request” pending from the old house that can only be completed by the “back end” team and that I had to wait 24 business hours before I could use the internet. So I asked if this could be processed asap as I was advised on two separate occasions that were to be no delays with this. The agent apparently sent an email to the “back end” team and advised her supervisor. She also said that I’d get a txt or phone call but I didn’t hear anything back in this instance.

Day 2 comes and goes so I decide to live chat again and I got told the same exact thing again, the agent sent another email and cc’d in their manager apparently. Also didn’t hear anything back.

Day 3 comes and I’m furious. I live chatted for the 3rd time and chatted to a lovely lady name Addilyn, she also repeated the same issue however, she gave me 4gb to keep me going and a credit of $30 on my next bill for the inconvenience. She also got someone to call me to confirm the 4gb had been added (thanks for taking some ownership Addilyn!)

BUT... I still face the same dilemma! My internet does not work still and my kids are going crazy cos they can’t watch the wiggles 24/7, I need to be able to work from home this week and hubby is using my data which drives me insane zzzz..

Someone help? What's it gonna take for the activations team to just manually process the cease request?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Re: Relocation of NBN

Hi @claudia-t

I'm really sorry to hear about the troubles you've had activating your new connection. If you could please send us a PM with the full name, number and date of birth attached to this account we'd be happy to take a closer look into the status of your activation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Brooklynteresa
New Contributor

I’m having a similar expirence, how did you get it fixed because it’s been 14 days so far and no end in sight. I feel like it’s 1 step forward and then pushed 2 back. So far they’re cancelled my contract without notification, been promised 3 times a tech from NBN is coming but then told no, that appointment can’t happen due to “insert reason here” and tonight I found out they have the wrong address on file for me and I have no idea how because the address they quoted is 40 minutes from my house 

0 Kudos
New Contributor t_webster
New Contributor

I am having the same issues with my relocation that many others seem to be having. I told optus 2 weeks before I moved what my new address was. Then just before I move I get an email saying it will be relocated 9 days after I requested (gave them warning for). The day rolls around and no connection, you speak to 20 different people on the phone that just point the finger at someone else or tell you it will be working in an hour. I'm happy to just change providers, if you can't provide the service to my new residence we don't have a contract anymore. You had 2 weeks to tell me you couldnt provide it before I moved...

0 Kudos
New Contributor Montyvikram
New Contributor

Optus worst ever told my 100 friends to never ever join optus😡

Put a nbn moving request 18 days ago...

Still not happening 

Hrs of calling & chatting with useless staff who are untrained....

Fustrated .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor CamA1
New Contributor

Same thing is happening to me. I’m only at the 4 days late mark at the moment but have spoken with about 6 different people over phone and live chat. Most recent conversation with Optus is that it won’t be fixed for another 5 days possibly 10.

Keep getting told it’s because people in the “back end” team haven’t finished activating it or there is a complex issue they are trying to solve. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jonwick
New Contributor

I just want to speak to human! One that actually cares and see tbe job through! My complaint is pages long about tring to relocate my NBN to a new address. The whole optus team hides behind layers of people and departments and nothing get answered. I just died of a big corporate customer service! 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can currently with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor CamA1
New Contributor

About to go into day 36 with the issue still not resolved and nobody can tell me anything other than they have their senior technicians looking into the issue. The case manager on the job, while being kind to credit my mobile with an extra 20gb of data, is only telling me that they are monitoring the situation.

its a little worrying that this can go on for over a month with senior Optus technicians still unable to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors