Searching...
Highlighted

Relocation Nightmare

arabfitzy

Relocation request issues like many posts on here....

I have moved to an NBN ready home and there appears to be a failure on optus side.

I have tried and tried and tried to get this sorted out and keep getting promised that somebody will call back...never happens.

I have request my order number which "will be sent by text"...never gets sent

I have asked when the modem was sent.....no answer

PLEASE, just connect my service for me... who do i need to speak to????????????????????????????????? 

Re: Relocation Nightmare

Dan_C

Hey @arabfitzy, I'm happy to try and help out with this one. 

What work has been completed so far? Had we sent out an NBN technician to complete the installation, or had we planned to remotely activate the service from our end? 

Can you fill out the template below and send that through via PM? 

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Account number:

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jtoh

I feel you. I am going through the exact same thing now and optus is more than 2 weeks late with activation. Worse yet, I am an existing customer and they even sent me texts and emails that it’s all done!

optus promises getting back with updates but nobody ever calls me. I have been on live chat every other day. Status and next steps by optus keeps changing - one day an nbn tech is required and appt set, then one day before the appt is cancelled. When i live chat to verify, they say nbn is required. 

CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP!! We work from home and this is highly disruptive to our business! It was stressful enough to relocate interstate, yet this seemingly straightforward nbn relocation has turned out to be the most challenging experience!! And we drove across the nullabor!

Dan_C

Happy to take a look @jtoh. Can I get you to fill out the template below:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Account number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jtoh

To Dan_C, Tano and Peter (who called me today), I deeply appreciate your prompt action to resolve the issue.

I am still very disappointed and slightly perturbed that it took a PUBLIC forum post for REAL customer service action to take place eg proactive questions, backend check, actual backend updates to me in a DM and a final call to tell me where the issue was and a commitment that it will be solved within the day.

This took almost 2 weeks and 5-6 live chats (i lost count) initiated on my end, with me having to repeat myself every single time. I posted on the forum and it was less than 24 hrs.

Technical problems happen, i get it. I was not extremely upset with the tech issues, but my frustration really escalated due to poor customer service. I hope Optus customer service and tech support can review how they work together internally to provide updates proactively and better continuity to the customer.

Shauna

Thanks for the update, Jenna.

I agree, it's disappointing that it took commenting on a public forum for a resolution. In most cases, we aim to resolve issues on the first call, so I do apologise this took so long.

We've flagged your post as feedback for further investigation for our tech team & customer service team. 

Let me know if you have further questions & enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

UnhappySmitty

Omg so it’s not just me ? I have been going through hell with Optus and this exact scenario , I’ve been battling for weeks . Every single day im spending hours on the live chat and getting the same pre rehearsed like answers “ it’ll be ready in 24-48 hours “ “ I’ve escalated it to our “ back team “ , someone will call you back shortly . Every single effing day , multiple times a day . 

My husband and had arranged to work from home with his boss over Christmas , however couldn’t , so we missed him here with us as he had to go into the office to do his duties , we have zero home security CCTV in our new home that we had fully equipped with CCTV , we’ve had no television for the kids on school holidays , and we too are long term Optus customers on both home services and mobile .  The live chat people whilst obviously trying to be polite , are mostly hopeless . The communications from this so called communications company is almost comical . It’s gotten to the stage where I think they’re just plain lieimg to me to prolong the change they have of me not leaving .   Today one girl even told me ( after I received a text confirming my activation had been completed ) that they’d made an error .  Mind you not until after she had me on the phone for an hour trouble shooting my modem . 

Ive kept all the transcripts and will be seeing the ombudsman on Monday to seek compensation.  I can handle a day or two late , but this has been going on since somewhere around the 10th December . 

UnhappySmitty

Dan , the questions you ask about the activation process , you’re very own live chat people can’t answer , so how can we ?  As per my post , I’ve been going through hell trying to get answers . Today I received no less than 12 emails , all congratulations about choosing plans and Optus paid TV subscriptions ( paid subscriptions of course ) along with a confirmation of activated NBN, but yet it’s not connected after days and days and days of battling for answers .  Now apparently it’s anotner two days , even though earlier tonight it was only going to be a few hours . 

Scotslassie51

Not just you.

I am in tears with frustration....I have been on the ph and online for days now trying to get them to move nbn 65 mts to the new house.

They send out an nbn technician only to have him say that because Optus paperwork was wrongly filled in, he couldn’t do anything.

Another 5 hours later on the ph to Indian call centres and still nothing

willow86

Trying to relocate with Optus is an unending, Kafkaesque nightmare.

You would think, as this is routine business, that an effectivce process would be in place to make the transition an easy one, but alas, after taking the day off work to wait for a technician who never arrived, after endless hours explaining my situation to various people across various related but seemingly disconnected teams, hours on hold (we will be with you in 3-5 minutes), hours listening to infuriating music that can only be designed to make you hang up, after booking four seperate appointments with an nbn technician (all of which have been mysteriously cancelled by 'the system'), and after making a formal complaint that has not been acknowledged, I am still without the internet at home. Moving home is stressful enough without this additional complication. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos