Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
FiledinPenske
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Relocating .. yesterday!

Hi Optus /Contributors
I’ve just moved house and it’s been so frantic I have not had time to ask optus to relocate me. The website advises me to go online but it could take 5 business days and I work from
Home in a high level Job. Is it better to ring.., and where do I start? It was so easy with electricity ... I thought it would be the same with same telco... Thank you.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Relocating .. yesterday!

Hi there, @FiledinPenske,

Thank you for your question.

It's best to get a relocation order in as soon as you can, as the connection timeframe is dependent on NBN technician availability.

Our relocation team is available on 1300 555 241 Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEST) & Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEST) or by  messaging us via the My Optus App. The Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

They will then place the order and let you know the earliest time that a technician can complete the order. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It will take as long as it takes - there's no shortcut route. So fill in the form and hope it gets processed quickly.

The key question is is the NBN at the home and has it already been activated there by the previous owner? What sort of NBN technology is it? (FTTP, FTTN, HFC?)
0 Kudos
FiledinPenske
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks  for your reply...So it’s HFC and yes NBN on and I’ve just realised  the previous tenant left the nbn box but took the white cable that came with it and I have no idea how to replace. Landlord unprepared in many watts  and last tenants were his friends and I’m getting little response on other issues so no point pursuing that avenue.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

OK,

That's great news. The NTD box is impossible to come by at the moment but you have it.

The white cable is a standard type. Bizarre the people took that but left the NTD. They're not allowed to as it is the property of the NBN but as you say probably not worth the fuss. At this stage I'd do two things:

1) Contact Optus and have them send out a replacement HFC cable. Make it clear you don't need the NTD unit otherwise they will keep saying no can do.

2) Pop into Bunnings and grab this:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/antsig-5m-rg6-quad-shield-cable-with-male-f-connectors_p4360383

Its the same cable just longer. You can return it for a refund once the white cable turns up.
FiledinPenske
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Great thank you .

However the cable has now been returned! Optus how do I contact you without being directed to the relocation website? I don’t need nbn to come out... but if I call I keep being redirected to the website. I have my optus nbn modem too. It’s practically brand new.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yay! Contact Optus on Twitter or Facebook (unfortunately)

Kyri_YC

No worries @FiledinPenske.

If you can reach out to our teams on Facebook or Twitter, they will be able to assist you on this matter further from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.