cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Registering unrecognised address with NBNco

I received an email from my building manager stating that the building I live in has been connected to the NBN. I looked up my address at the NBNco website, and it said that my address is unrecognised.

The NBNco website then suggested that I speak to my provider (which is Optus) and Optus will register my address with NBNco. After many painstakingly long phone calls and website chats, my address is still not registered with the NBN. 

Is there something I am missing? 

In addition, one of the units in the same building I live in has an active connection to the NBN (Fibre to the node) according to both the NBN website and Optus' Broadband Address Search (https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/home-broadband), but I do not. Can someone please explain?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Registering unrecognised address with NBNco

Hey there @raitor. It's not great to hear about the troubles you have had trying to get your address registered for NBN. I recommend reaching out to our Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter as they will be able to assist with this matter further from there.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@ratioRI suggest searching yescrowd for an answer as this has come up a few times and it seems that Optus are not very good at getting it resolved.

Good luck.

0 Kudos

Hey @ratioR - Thanks for sharing this.

Sounds like NBN may have the old details prior to the new build. Basically, we will just need to raise a Missing Address to them and it's quite straight forward. Echoing @Kyri_YC, we would just need you to speak to our Sales team and they can sort this out for you. Our Facebook/Twitter team can also have it raised as well.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Steven_YC @Kyri_YC It helps end users if they only get ONE CORRECT answer from the Optus instead of two different ways to proceed as it is confusing.

I suggest getting additional help and/or training about answering NBN missing address questions so that the end user response given is consistent and therefore does NOT confuse the end user trying to get help.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors