cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Ask a Question
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Register Interest for Gigabit Service?

Looks like our HFC supports 1000/50? Aussie Broadband says: $149/month with No Connection Fee

Total monthly cost $149
nbnTM Internet Plan1000/50, unlimited plan
$149/month
Once off

Or $10 more with a phone line.

The Optus site is offline for maintenance... but I'll give them a call once it's back up again.

πŸ™‚
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

nbn Speed Packs - Optus Home Internet

BTW: If the 250/40 speed pack 6 can be as fast as 1000/50

How fast is the 215/18.5 speed pack 5?

πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I've asked Optus to upgrade to the Ultrafast plan 6. My current speed is 100/20.

These are my current results:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/*****

πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @Xcelplus,

I just wanted to let you know that as the link to your speed test contains sensitive service information, it was hidden and so the link will no post. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

After all that the Optus technical section says that my area doesn't support 250/40 yet... and that the other support people who promised me it did weren't from Technical support... so they wouldn't know.

How annoying?

I can't even get an ETA for when my HFC is going to be upgraded.

😞

P.S. It means that Aussie Broadband were also fudging when they quoted 1000/50. That's a mega fail by customer service of both organisations. It took weeks to drag this info out of them. Not happy.

0 Kudos
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My current speed on the 100/20 plan is:

110 Mbps down

19 Mbps up

9 ms ping time

I'd link to the results directly but these forums won't let me.

πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The 1000/50 (Pack 6) will generally run around 750/50
The 250/25 (Pack 5) will generally run around 220/25

When you say you've 'asked' does that mean Optus have confirmed you are eligible and they can provide it? How much is Optus wanting to charge?

Note that there is currently an NBN special on at the moment. You get a sizable discount if you are willing to upgrade to a higher speed band. Superloop for example are doing 1000/50 for $120 atm.
0 Kudos
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"When you say you've 'asked' does that mean Optus have confirmed you are eligible and they can provide it?"

If you contact Optus to confirm eligibility and the agent claims you can get 250/40 aren't you entitled to believe them?

Finally after agreeing to upgrade to 250/40 technical support told me we can't get it because our HFC hasn't been upgraded yet.

Why didn't the numerous support people tell me this earlier? I've been inquiring about the upgrade for at least the last 6 months.

"How much is Optus wanting to charge?"

One agent said $75/mth

Another insisted there was no charge (I didn't believe that one).

We already have a $20-$30 speed pack so this probably means we would only be paying the difference of $45-55? 

"Note that there is currently an NBN special on at the moment. You get a sizable discount if you are willing to upgrade to a higher speed band."

I would love to upgrade if it was possible.

"Superloop for example are doing 1000/50 for $120 atm."

That sounds like a great price? Wish I could get it?

Aussie broadband also claimed to offer 1000/50?

If the HFC in my area hasn't been upgraded yet how can they possibly deliver?

😞

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"If the HFC in my area hasn't been upgraded yet how can they possibly deliver?"

Well that presupposes you believe what one Optus Sales Agent told you (as opposed to the other 5 that told you something else). Optus obviously has issues with providing NBN speeds above 100Mbps or at the very least communicating information about what they are selling.

Optus sales staff have a tendency to make stuff up. Sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. At this stage I'd suggest Optus are not providing 100+ Mbps plans. The only mod comment here pages back said as much.

You almost certainly have 250/25 options and you've said ABB have confirmed you have 1000/50 (lucky you). I'm not sure if there's anything more to say. If you want a higher speed plan then its yours for the asking. Prices are clearly listed on various websites and its all month to month plans. Balls in your court.
0 Kudos
Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the HFC in my area hasn't been upgraded yet how can any company possibly deliver faster speeds?

"Well that presupposes you believe what one Optus Sales Agent told you (as opposed to the other 5 that told you something else)."

It was Optus technical support that finally confirmed that the HFC hasn't been upgraded not sales.

Technical support are the one area in Optus you can trust. If they say the HFC hasn't been upgraded then sales people from multiple companies have been wrong. All other companies are trying to do is churn Optus customers?

😞

0 Kudos