cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Redirect on of emails once acc closed

I changed internet providers when Nbn cane thru.. my Optus acc is now closed but I have an Optus email address.. no one has explained to me what up should do re my emails and starting up a new email acc and have my Optus emails redirected.. I think my acc fir receiving emails has now stopped. What do I do to have my Optus emails redirected to a new email address..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Redirect on of emails once acc closed

That would sure be a nice idea. Even if you had to pay say $10 a month to keep your email address active that wouldn't be so bad.
Unfortunately Optus took the view that the email they give provides a strong incentive for customers otherwise unhappy to stay. So if you don't have a broadband internet account with optus (mobile phones don't count) then you don't have an email address.
Optus can re-activate the address if you really need to for up to 6 months after you leave (but you'll need to sign up with them again)

Peter Gillespie
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Redirect on of emails once acc closed

Hi 67Grebest,

We have an internal online form suggestion box type process here and I am a fan of your idea and will be submitting it, thanks for taking the time to put it forward!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors