Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
67Grebest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Redirect on of emails once acc closed

I changed internet providers when Nbn cane thru.. my Optus acc is now closed but I have an Optus email address.. no one has explained to me what up should do re my emails and starting up a new email acc and have my Optus emails redirected.. I think my acc fir receiving emails has now stopped. What do I do to have my Optus emails redirected to a new email address..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Redirect on of emails once acc closed

That would sure be a nice idea. Even if you had to pay say $10 a month to keep your email address active that wouldn't be so bad.
Unfortunately Optus took the view that the email they give provides a strong incentive for customers otherwise unhappy to stay. So if you don't have a broadband internet account with optus (mobile phones don't count) then you don't have an email address.
Optus can re-activate the address if you really need to for up to 6 months after you leave (but you'll need to sign up with them again)

Peter Gillespie
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Redirect on of emails once acc closed

Hi 67Grebest,

We have an internal online form suggestion box type process here and I am a fan of your idea and will be submitting it, thanks for taking the time to put it forward!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
Top Contributors