Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JudithR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

I first phoned Optus tech support over four months ago with little result.   This week I decided to stick with it and find out if they intend to resolve the issue.   I've been with them since 1991 and am reluctant to switch.       I phoned Thursday and, since then, have had six phone appointments with the case manager, none of which have been kept.    The poor front-line people are lovely and shouldn't have to deal with someone who has got as frustrated as me with the case manager system.

It is possible to put in a formal complaint which actually goes to Adelaide and I did last night on the matter of not knowing if the Yahoo problem has been or will be fixed and, secondly, that I waited a total of nine hours over two days for the case manager to keep one of the six scheduled phone appointments and no-one ever call.     Complaints go to enquiries@optusnet.com.au 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

Can you tell us what the actual problem is beyond "Cant email Yahoo" because we need to see what you are seeing? 

Can you paste the bounce message you get? (feel free to obfuscate your email address for your privacy)

And no, you can't email complaints about an instant response, even if they did, you'd still need to share with them what you haven't shared with us). You can fill out a complaints form, but I suspect we might be able to tell you what you need to do.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
JudithR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There are a lot of other people having the same problem and they are on this webpage.   After several days a message comes back that it was refused or something similar.   Sometimes they do go through.   I haven't had a returned message for a while and I wonder if maybe the problem is fixed.   If so, we need to be told because mostly the emails just vanish into the ether and never arrive - I frequently phone to check, sometimes yes sometimes no show.      Optus recorded message is that the problem is not yet resolved.

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The hard part is, without the bounce message I can't really say much more. 

if your heart is set on making a complaint then visit www.optus.com.au/complaints and fill out the complaint form. This won't result in immediate action but they will get back to you. Remember that the email you get with your internet is a "Free add on" and is all "best effort" in terms of its functionality.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos