Searching...
Highlighted

Power Outage - Loss of NBN Internet Connection for days

CrazyScot

Hi

Since the start of the year whenever I have had some interruption to residential power and the modem has gone off it does not reconnect to the internet and keeps searching for DSL. There were no local area NBN outages.

1st time on 30th December 2017: No Internet connection for 3 days and 3 hours. (Ref 17870638)

2nd time on 20th  January 2018: No Internet connection for 3 days and 1 hour. (Ref 18005526 and Ref 18010918))

Currently from  22nd March 2018: No Internet connection 2 days 15 hours (ongoing). (Ref. 18371545)

When I am connected it works well with no issues. its only when the modem is restarted after being off. I was sent another modem, the same model Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 but it didn't get connection either.

Questions

1. Has anyone else experienced this type of loss of internet issue on modem restart ?

2. Does anyone know what is going on technically. A 3 day loss of connectivity seems to be recurring. Is there an NBN switch timing protocol going on here or some congestion at the Optus Server end ?

Even though I have been re-imbursed for the down days it does make up for the inconvenience or lack of access to netflix etc. 

I don't think I  am getting the service i paid for and get no information on what has happened or been done to re-connect me in the past.

I am very disappointed and pretty angry.

Please help !

Many thanks

CrazyScot

Re: Power Outage - Loss of NBN Internet Connection for days

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

Does this problem happen when you turn the modem on and off yourself? If so, there is some problem with it syncing back to your line, and the line may be faulty, rather than the modem.

CrazyScot

Hi

Yes, the problem occurs whether i physically switch the modem off and then on or when there is a power cut. When I plugged the other Sagecom modem it would not sync either.

Do you believe the 3 days is significant or just coincidence ?

Why has this not been fixed after the first technical incident ?

Bizarrely when I am connected to the internet there has been no real evidence of drop outs, along as the modem is on.

Many thanks

CrazyScot

muralid

I'm having the same issues, internet connection lost, after a power outage.

I'm on SAGEMCOM modem wired to Cable Modem back to Optus..

Factory reset on SAGEMCOM does not help.

Managed to reconnect my old modem and it works nicely.

Any fix for SAGEMCOM sync issue?

CrazyScot

Hello

It turned out that the port in the NBN box in the street was faulty. The problem was resolved when the NBN technician rewired the copper from my house into another physical port and got that activated (as I suspected all along). It was therefore nothing to do with the SAGECOM modem.

Now the issue I have is that the loss of connection was first highlighted to Optus at New Year and it took nigh on 3 months to get resolution. I was assured that the issue was escalated up the chain and handed over to NBN for resolution. However it was never resolved and when I spoke to the NBN technician it appears that NBN had had no prior involvement with my issues.

The  technical people at the Call Centres assure you that stuff is being done but it seems as though nothing is done until you speak to a supervisor in Australia who actually actions something. I have to say that I am utterly disappointed with the service in regard to my problem. So be aware that you could be in for a very long and frustrating road to the resolution of your problem.

Good luck and best regards

CrazyScot

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
40 Kudos
32 Kudos
25 Kudos
23 Kudos