Searching...
Highlighted

Port forwarding on Sagemcom F@ST 3864

geshwin

Hi,

I was able to access all my devices (cctv, smart powerpoint, etc) remotely before optus NBN.

I've reconfigure port forwarding on Sagemcom F@ST 3864, but it doesn't work, even after getting a static IP address.

I've tried a different modem/router (Netgear D6400) but still no luck. Apparently optus doesn't block any ports and the technical team won't help, instead they redirect you to the Premium PAID Home Support.

Can any one shed some light what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Gesh

Re: Port forwarding on Sagemcom F@ST 3864

Dan_C

Hey @geshwin, we do have a guide for setting up port forwarding on our support page → http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/gateway-f-st-3864-mac-os-sierra/settings/set-up-port-forward...

I believe port 25 is blocked by default but you can always request that we unblock this for you. 

Whirlpool actually actually has a list of inbound and outbound ports blocked by optus. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

geshwin

Thanks @Dan_C

I've followed the steps to unlock port 1000 but it doesn't work using portchecktool.com

I have the same problem when using a different modem.

Not sure if there's any issues with the WAN setup at optus' end.

https://imgur.com/a/KC2tA

Dan_C

Which ports are configured by default on the devices you're trying to access from outside your local Network? I believe TCP port 37777 is usually the default configuration for security/surveillance cameras.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

geshwin

None of the port forwards works. Any idea who to contact to at Optus to get this looked at?

Dan_C

Hmm,

I've done a bit of research and I'm beginning to think that we no longer allow customers to open ports. I've had a look through a number of threads on Whirlpool and in the majority of cases, customers have been required to purchase their own modem and bridge it from their Optus modem. . 

geshwin

This is very frustrating. Optus are adamant that they are not blocking any ports.

I spoke with the sagemcom team today and they helped me configure the 3389 RDP port, but didn't work. The also mentioned that they are not blocking any ports on the modem.

I was force to book in the Optus Home Premium Support which will call in later today.

$90 and apparently they will escalate the issue to the appropriate department.

simj

Hi,

I’m trying to get Plex to work and are finding the same issue with ports being blocked. Please let me know how you go with Optus support

[ Edited ]
geshwin

Optus Premium support couldn't figure out the issue and refunded my $90 subscription.

I gave up ☹

BruceAnn

I had Optus FTTN installed this week. My previous setup on ADSL was using a basic Draytek modem (bridge mode) and a Fortinet firewall doing all the smarts, including an SSL VPN through which I access my network remotely for cameras, etc.

Due to wanting my landline working, I required the SagemCom for VoIP, besides it is the only device I have with a VDSL port, so for now and in the interest of getting everything working quickly, the SagemCom has to be my primary IP gateway with the Fortinet behind it, and wireless provided by separate HP access points as per my previous setup.

This simply meant turning off the SagemCom WiFi and reconfiguring my Fortinet WAN port from PPPoE to a standard fixed IP in the SagemCom LAN (192.168.0.2). It means double NATing but nevertheless works fine and I'm getting up to 48Mb/s on fast.com.

To get my VPN working required port forwarding to get the SagemCom to DNAT from the outside public address (which used to be on the Fortinet itself) to the new "transit" address 192.168.0.2. I found two ways to do this that both worked;

1. On SagemCom Advanced Setup/NAT/Virtual Servers add an entry as per the instructions here http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/gateway-f-st-3864-mac-os-sierra/settings/set-up-port-forward...

The Server IP Address is the internal address of the device you are forwarding to (in my case 192.168.0.2). The protocol and port is whichever port you are forwarding (in my case TCP/443).

This has the effect of accepting any TCP/443 traffic on the VDSL port (ptm0.1) and forwarding it to the device on 192.168.0.2. There is no need to configure any IP filtering unless you want to restrict access to specific addresses.

This got the SSL VPN working but I noticed it would no longer work from my Android phone, which is actually configured as an L2TP VPN so uses different protocols. This was easily resolve by installing FortiClient on my phone so it too uses SSL (TCP/443), but I found another way.

2. On SagemCom Advanced Setup/NAT/DMZ Host simply enter the address of my Fortinet (192.168.0.2) and remove the Virtual Server setting above. This has the effect of accepting ALL traffic on ANY protocol/port and forwarding it to my Fortinet, which is exactly the way it worked before when the outermost device was an ADSL bridge. Now both SSL and L2TP VPN both work, as will anything else I configure on the Fortinet, with no additional config required on the SagemCom.

I am fairly happy with this. It's fully supported from an Optus perspective.. no hacks or anything odd going on and I still have my full firewall functionality with the Fortinet. I don't really like the double NATing but it's working fine so can live with it.

Hope this is helpful for others struggling with this.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos