cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Poor service

Poor internet / wifi connectivity:

How can I get my problem dealt with?

I have used <Chat> (time-wasting; inefffectual). 

I wrote to the complaints section in Salisbury SA. Someone called back on my Optus mobile, but the line dropped out. Ironic?? My attempt to call the person back led to a bizzare situation. Have you ever called the technical service number (13 39 37)? I just did, and after requiring responses to many numbered questions, if you respond <5> to the last question, a voice tells you to call 13 39 37, and then you are cut off! I don't believe that Optus isn't aware of this. Of course, the first time through, there ws some silence, and then the 'voice' told me I should switch off the modem for 30 seconds. (That didn't do anything either).

I have emails with Dan_C through Yes Optus, but he's gone qet the last couple of days.

How can I instigaate a call to a person?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Poor service

Wifi connectivity could be due to the poor router they give you. If it's transmitting on a frequency used by your neighbour, this can make it worse. You can check the strength of other signals using a phone app called wifi analyzer. (keuwlsoft)

You have to fork out for your own proper router if you want something good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wish I could help you having just been locked out of My Account, decided not to wait 45 mins after press g all their choice buttons decided on live chat.. After 3 disconnection (ironic for a Telco huh?) I gave up with problem unsolved. The agent just disappeared.

Another Optus joy - according to NBN my connection is still, after 6 months+, "incomplete" due to a total new connection being needed. Optus shows it as "complete" so "we can't send an NBN technician" . After several attempts on this one I just quietly weep during constant drops and a snails pace speed

Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, but I'm afraid that your solution is too hi-tech for me. In any cae, if the Optus is faulty, which haven't they sent another one. Why should I provide hardware that I have already paid for.

Mostly I wonder why the 'service' is so poor. It must be by design. Are all telcos like this?

Regards,

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@frasse1, I've replied to your private message.

We'll chat there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Heb,

You'd signed up to an Optus NBN service 6 months back however on NBN's end the order is currently still in progress? On our end, we've flagged the order as active/complete?

As far as a brand-new connection being required, you've been advised that NBN need to go out and install brand new hardware?

I'd really need to check this one out for myself to offer some sort of guidance. You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When praise is due it should be given!  I've had much help from Dan and Alex and am now happy with my relatively speedy service.  They gave me great service and the anomaly between NBN and Optus has (hopefully) been resolved.

Thanks to Dan C and Alex

0 Kudos