Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TC2284
New Contributor
New Contributor

Poor service

Since connecting to NBN - never had a decent service. Sick of sitting on hold for hours - now no wifi - insufficient band width to use anything. Think I might stop wasting my time with Optus - not pay the monthly bill - send letter to ombudsman - and see then if we can get a decent/reliable service for the first time in 2 years..... enough .... 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Poor service

Hi @TC2284,

Certainly not something we like to hear. If you could please send us a PM with the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account along with any fault reference or PR numbers our tech team has provided we'd be happy to assist. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Poor service

Optus is responsible for providing the speeds you have contracted for. They can't blame the NBN and they can't provide significantly lower speeds than the plan you are on (unless the formally advise you that they can't). Optus are responsible for arranging the NBNCo to come out and fix the issue on your behalf on request.

1) What speed plan are you on? 50Mbps?

2) What sort of speeds are you getting?

3) What NBN technology are you on? FTTN?

FWIW I would not suggest you stop paying the bill. But I would put in a formal complaint about the speeds requesting it be fixed and requesting you end the contract if its not in the next month. This should be written and posted (as Optus takes these seriously). I also note that MYACCOUNT is trialing a contact Optus option that suggests a one stop resolution process that might be worth trying (An encouraging development Optus)

Peter Gillespie

NB After 2 years you're likely on a month to month plan and are free to leave whenever you want (just let Optus know before you do Smiley Happy)

0 Kudos