Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sidr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Poor NBN

-In last fortnight, our NBN has had variable connections.... sometimes good vs poor
-Yesterday... it mostly failed, but worked on rare occasions
-We reset nbn modem and router, but no difference
-On my phone I checked for NBN outages, but it said no problem in our suburb
-Today we woke up, and it is better.

Apart from re-setting modem and router, what do you suggest?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Poor NBN

Hi @sidr, thanks for reaching out. I recommend checking your address on our Network Status page to see if there are any outages or maintenance impacting the network in your area.

Please also try the steps in this nbn troubleshooting guide to see if that improves your connection. If you continue to experience any difficulties, please send our technical team a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page so they can assist further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@sidr When you checked for outages did you check both with Optus and the NBN? If there is a fault on the NBN part of the network all RSPs will be having issues and you have to wait for the NBN to fix the issue.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
sidr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

I checked at www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status, entered our address, and it said 

"No reported outages in this area".. despite the regular dropouts. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hey @Sodr, thanks for getting back to us. 

We have an Optus nbn internet speed and drop-out troubleshooting guide that could help you out. Also, we have a 'How to improve your internet experience at home' page. 

If you still need further assistance, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
sidr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

Thank you. As stated, up until a week or so ago, our house had excellent NBN reception with 6 users.
Recently, it has become unreliable, ie dropouts or slow internet.
We all have either good NBN at same time, or bad NBN at same time, so it won't help to
-Connect direct to modem
-Move closer to modem/router
-Reduce devices
Note: Our browers and o/s are up to date
It appears there is some external reason, not anything in our house.

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Thanks for providing more information on this, @sidr

In that case, as it appears that you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps but the issue still persists, we recommend messaging our Technical Support team via the My Optus app. Our teams can then assist in investigating this further for you and raise this with NBN as well should this be necessary. 

0 Kudos
sidr
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks

0 Kudos