Contributor

Re: Plan change help

Oh yes. I'm talking Landline 'phone here
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Unfortunately this appears to be a significant portion of the Optus business revenue model.  

• Provide a great service at a reasonable cost.
  • Scatter financial traps around that every month 10-20% of customers fall into.
  • Bank the 200% penalty windfall. Provide little effective means to avoid these pitfalls.
  • 2-8 hours of support contact is required with staff that don't know (or worse pretend they do) how to resolve the issue.
  • Provide a refund to those willing to spend 4+ hours moving through the process.

I can see Optus moving towards empowering and protecting their customers from unwanted fees and charges but its frustratingly slow and seem more driven by legal action by the likes of the ACCC than a change in management culture.

Peter Gillespie

Contributor ColinHarry
Contributor

Probably flew off the handle a bit 🙂

But Optus apparently turned on diversion from where ever they do these things from.

Why?..... "Don't know."

Then after my call, they then turned it back off (!)

Just wish one could do it ourselves without the phone call and the wait.

Should be simple. And should not require phoning the HELP line..

..And call diversions should NOT suddenly activate by themselves.

But..Thanks Optus for fixing it.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi ColinHarry,

Based on the information on this thread which I notice you've also found also, the diversion feature is apparently broken. Based on this I would think you shouldn't be charged for diversion costs and should have them credited back?

If it isn't already I will raise this issue with management to prioritise having fixed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor ColinHarry
Contributor

Hi, Ray..

Your raising this "moola" issue would be very much appreciated.

If it is in vain then never mind. But thanks for your input!

Been with Optus for a long, long time and haven't had that many problems throughout the term. Quite happy with them and they do solve my little problems!

Funny how one Hits The Roof if something goeth wrong...

Cheers..

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh sorry for any misunderstanding, I meant raising the diversion issue.

You being credited back the diversion charges should be straight forward when you next speak with the Billing team. We don't have access to your account information here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos