Searching...
Highlighted

Plan Advertised as $80/pm, Charging us $90/pm??

philip_pc

Dear Optus, 

I am just wondering if you can please shed some light on this issue as i feel like i am being charged more than required.

It was only just brought to my attention today as i looked as some past bills then compared them to the advertised amount on your website.

I have attached images of the letters we have received and a copy of a bill that we have paid at this said amount, also i have attached a snippet of the Plan that is advertised on the Optus website as of today (01/10/2017) - this is also the dearest NBN plan i can find advertised.

I have an assumption (if you can confirm me on this) is that i am still signed up on the (OLD PLAN/OLD PRICES). As i know from past experience is that when Optus releases new plans at lower prices. Unless existing customers ASK TO BE MOVED TO THE NEW PLANS, then Optus will just keep charging the OLD HIGHER prices whilst in some case providing less service compared to the new plans. Not a good way to treat existing loyal customers in my opinion (~20yrs).

Appreciate your time reading this message, i await your reply.

Regards,

Phil

Letter about Expiring Discount__Copy of Bill charged @ $90_monthOptus advertised Plan as of today

Re: Plan Advertised as $80/pm, Charging us $90/pm??

petergdownload

Sounds pretty much as you suggest. Although I'd give Optus points here for trying.

Optus have dozens of plan variations and pricing changes and specials over every few years. When a customers plan expires its not just a case of finding the cheapest similar plan and porting them over. In this case Optus have been active in signalling the price change (even though they could argue all customers would have known of it from the outset).

You should be able switch to the $80 plan now if you want (esp. if you're on month to month). Are you on the NBN yet?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

philip_pc

NBN already yes, Optus were the ones who initially organised it for us and arranged the installation and gave us that plan.

So i guess its just now a matter of contacting them, or are there any moderators on this forum that can help??

petergdownload

NBN for 2 years? What tech are you on? How has the bandwidth been over that period?

Are you still on a plan or month to month now?

It should be doable to change to the current plan (if your not under a contract) but you'll need to sign up for another 12-24 months.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Shauna

Hey @philip_pc - Are you able to send us a private message? We have your account details here, however I don't want to give out any sensitive info via a public forum.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

philip_pc

Sending you a PM now

Shauna

Thanks heaps!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

philip_pc

Hi Shauna,

i sent you PM last Friday as requested and followed up on Monday with another PM, still no response.

Any other moderator's???

philip_pc

No one??

Zed_T

they could be charging you for using Fetch box packs or channels?

they did that on my previous plan without explaining .

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos