Searching...
Accepted Solution

Phone won’t work after nbn (hfc) connected

Kaz194

Hi all we just recently got nbn (HFC) connected. Internet has been fine no trouble there but our home phone has not worked since. The guys who came to install told us on their way out to plug our Ethernet from phone into the green phone socket on the modem which we did. We get a dial tone but when we try and ring out we always get an engaged signal and when we try to ring our home phone from mobile we get the message Optus advises this phone has been disconnected. We cannot call customer service as we only have prepaid mobiles and we have to call 1300 number which charge like a wounded bull, have sent in a complaint via internet and hoping someone will call us but I was wondering if any of you guys could help as we really need our house phone and our landline was immediately cut off after nbn installation. We have been to Optus store and told we can come in and use their phone to call customer service because they (the store) cant help us either, very frustrating...... Thanks in advance 😊

Solution

Re: Phone won’t work after nbn (hfc) connected

Davelew

Hi

After you plugged your phone into the modem you should have received an SMS from optus to say the phone line had been activated, did you receive this?   Sounds to me that Optus haven't activated the line after your NBN connection.

As you don't want to use your phone I would suggest online chat to optus and they should be able to sort it quickly if the line hasn't been activated.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Kaz194

Thank you so much Dave ! Yes I spoke with someone on chat , I thought they were robots lol but they are real people and he checked my phone connection and you guessed it Optus had not turned it on from their end and no we did not receive a text from Optus saying that our phone had been connected. It was all fixed within 20 mins so I would recommend anyone having pro to go through chat. Thanks again Dave very much appreciated 😊😊😊

Davelew

Great news, now you will get all those calls to say your computer has been infected with a virus.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kaz194

Lol yes they have already started 😂

mason123

Your not the only one, waiting for over a week now

Kaz194

Did you try chat online, I had it sorted in about 20 minutes

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos