cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Koda1
New Contributor

Phone connection through NBN

Currently my home is designated for Fibre To The Premises with the NBN cabling available to be connected to the house, but is not yet connected as I have yet to select an internet service provider.

I currently have a landline phone with 3 phandsets plugged into the same line using internal sockets in the house.

On an IINET related website it states: "NBN Fibre to the Premises" customers have a unique option of NBN Fibre Phone. Like VoIP, this service also operates over your broadband connection but instead of plugging a handset into your modem, the handset plugs into the NBN Connection Box through the UNI-V phone port on the NBN Connection Box.

It goes on to state that the Fibre Phone then comes with dedicated bandwidth which means you do not have to compete with internet traffic.

It also states that Fibre Phone is designed to have up to three handsets plugged into the same line using internal sockets in the house.

All the above sounds exactly what I am looking for, the problem being that I have not located anyone within the Optus organisation that can tell me whether Optus can provide such a service.

In view of the lack of expertice on this subject from Optus so far, the easy option for me would be simply to sign up with IINET.

Given that I have two mobile phone services with OPTUS and have found their customer support to be very good I have a preference for Optus to be my internet provider.

Can anyone provide feed back as to what Optus capabilities are on the subject of phone connection directly through the NBN Connection Box.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Phone connection through NBN

Hi Koda1,

To the best of my knowledge I don't believe Optus has the Fibre Phone service, previously asked a while ago here: NBN Fibre Phone Service

Hopefully this thread and this thread are useful to you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Koda1
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer to my question and the link to an earlier enquiry regarding phone connection through the NBN connection box.

You have fully answered my question.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Koda 1

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're welcome, have a great weekend 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors