cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

People getting "This number has been disconnected" when they try to call me

I have this issue since mid September when some people called me and getting message "This number has been disconnected". I had reset network on my handset, checked settings, replaced a new sim and using other handset unsuccessfully. I messaged Optus twice and passed through 6 technical support without any luck. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: People getting "This number has been disconnected" when they try to call me

Hey @Defanny, that's not good to hear. Thanks heaps for running through those checks- based on the results of doing so, it looks like you have eliminated a variety of reasons that this could be caused. Have you had your device checked out under its warranty?  Sometimes after long periods of usage, handsets can incur some general wear and tear that can have an impact on service.

I would recommend heading into one of our Optus Stores and the teams on site, will be able to send it off for repairs and technical review.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@dafannyYou have put this under NBN, but you mention a SIM. Is the problem with NBN or mobile phone or do you have an NBN with 4G backup? What service do you have and what device(s) are you trying to get working?

This will help other people with giving you some suggestions once they know what service and equipment you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Tuong_YCThe response does not make sense w.r.t. the phone handsets causing the telco to generate the "This number hass been disconnected" voice message to the caller.

In the POTS time the disconnected message had nothing to do with the equipment in a persons home as it was generated by Telstra for landline or Optus for cable or Foxtel for cable.

If the phone is faulty then the person calling would get either a normal ring or an engaged signal in the pre NBN time.

Let me know if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @dafanny thanks for sharing this for us here.

Are you able to clarify if this was a NBN landline issue or a Mobile issue?

Based off what you have mentioned, it sounds like a Mobile phone issue. From what you have explained, it would also be clear that a number of steps have been attempted and we'll most likely need to take a closer look on the account and possibly service itself.

Feel free to please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I used other sim in my handset and was able to receive call therefore it is not my handset issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The issue is with mobile. I post in the wrong group. sorry!

0 Kudos