Searching...

Paying for an entertainment package and I can't reliably stream

BennoHono

Hey all, 

So I signed up for the unlimited entertainment package (speed boost included) and it was great!  I'm now finding that I'm constantly restarting my modem and always having sluggish speeds when streaming content. 

How have people been able to get this sort of  issue sorted out? I'm sick of waiting on the phone for someone to help and they just tell me to restart my modem and call back if it happens again. 

I feel like I'm getting to the point that I need to contact the Ombudsmen to try and get someone to actually ensure I'm getting the speeds I'm paying for... Any thoughts on how to get this sorted would be appreciated! 

Re: Paying for an entertainment package and I can't reliably stream

Dan_C

@BennoHono, you've mentioned a speed boost, I presume we have you running on either NBN or Cable broadband?

If you could help us by answering the following questions, that'd be great. We can then work towards a resolution.

• Do speeds fluctuate depending on the time of day, i.e. you notice a significant drop during peak times of usage (7:00PM - 12:00PM)?
  • Have you run a speed test over WiFi as well as a direct ethernet connection? A test run via Ethernet will give us the most accurate result.
  • Do you have any issues with general browsing or is it when streaming that the issue becomes noticeable?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BennoHono

Thank you for your speedy copy and paste response. Smiley Sad

You are on the nose with the NBN, I am on an Unlimited NBN25 connection.

• Time of day does not matter
  • Speed tests are sitting around 1.17-2.2 mbps (wifi or cable, it doesn't make a differnce) and i don't believe that this should be in your copy and paste standard question, this has little effect unless you are testing on a 50-100 mbps connection (MOST of your customers won't be on these connections)
  • Yes, general browsing is an issue, even speedtest.net took time to load

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

I appreciate the speedy comment but you’re a being bit presumptuous with the copy and paste remark.

FYI - I did not copy and paste that response.

They are basic troubleshooting questions but they're questions that need to be asked.

Yes, the connection type does have a bearing on your speed results. Who's to say that network interference isn't to blame on your WLAN? It mightn't be the case in your situation, but is it still not a question worth asking? You've given me nothing to say otherwise. You've mentioned a speed boost? NBN speed tiers range from up 25Mbps - 100mbps.

You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

At the least, I'll be able to determine whether Network congestion is the culprit. I'll respond back as soon as we can.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
pauly990

I am having the same dramas.... except i am unable to watch fetch tv due to slow speeds.... on speed pack 3 (part of package) and nothing over 3mbps line speed.   been on the phone and unknown number of times, been on live chat even more times... been promised a case manager who obviously doesn't exist and all while being promised that it will be fixed within 24 hours..... 

im thinking telstra will get all my services again shortly....

Dan_C

@pauly990, not a single person that you've spoken with has been able to give you any indication as to why the service is running so slow? It sounds like a Network capacity issue to me. Obviously, it's not something I can confirm till I look at the account.

Send us a PM with your account details. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. I'm happy to perform a couple of checks.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

BennoHono

Hey Paul, 

Tell me about it! Then they also throw snide remarks at customers that are just frustrated with copy and paste responses...

I don't think this thread is going to get us anywhere

@Dan_C - I think you need to get some better customer support skills. I'm annoyed,  I'm a customer, you can expect me to say things, but your response is not really professional in any capacity... 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

My apologies if I've come across as snide, looking back at my post, I did express some unnecessary frustration.

It's really not my intention to come across as rude.  

It's a support forum, I'm simply asking some basic troubleshooting questions.

Simply stating that I've copied and pasted a generic response (which I haven't) doesn't help the cause . I'll always advise someone when I've copied and pasted a response. I might say, "Hey X, I've copied a response that you might find useful."

I'm genuinely trying to help out. I understand that you're frustrated, especially considering what you've advised us about your experience with the call centre. 

I've offered to help out, I'm not sure what else I can do. 

Again, I apologise. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos