Searching...

Re: Password Not Working for 5Ghz Option on V2 Safemcom Optus modem Router

hot_dots

Thanks for this.  I have pretty much resigned myself to not having 5ghz now just waiting for my 2.4ghz to slow right down like everyone else.  My old cable was fantastic and reliable but the NBN has not come close to the speeds I am paying for and is slower than my old cable, but I should count my blessings as it seems that my 12 and 19mbs is way better than most people on Optus NBN.

Anyone know if I bought my own better 5ghz modem, would I be able to connect to the 5ghz network?  The outlay of more of my money might be a better option than the run-around from Optus.

Hannah-L

Hey @gerrylopez, apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance re the contract can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number so that I can take a look into it for you? 

minsky

Having exactly the same issues with a sagemcom modem and going through the same issues . I am on my second modem already.

Hannah-L

Hey @minsk, have you tried logging into the modem gateway to manually change the password for the 5GHz network? Instructions are available here.

minsky

Hi

Yes.Have tried several passwords and two modems from optus over several devices with no luck.

Have had several people, look at this and have an open incident with you .

hot_dots

Yeah, good luck with having an open file.  They told me that as well after escalating it, some Indian guy even told me he would personally not let the matter go until they had an answer.  Well guess what?  I still have no resolution and oh yeah, I stopped hearing back from them on the matter about four or five months ago.  But the good news is, that as far as I know it is still open. Great customer service Optus......... not.

hot_dots

Hey Optus Mods, I know I am replying to my own comment but I still have no resolution to this some 6 months on.  I don't want to sit in customer service for ages, I want to someone to contact me.  As said previoulsy I have reset all passwords, had two modems, spent hours on the phone with you help team in India.  Had it escalated, had one of your guys tell me he wouldn't let it drop until we had a solution.  Well still no solution and I don't hear from anyone. It seems to be a problem only with some ex cable customers.  C'mon help me out, I was promised dual band. but I have never got it................

Highlighted

Hannah-L

Hey @minsky & @hot_dots, do either of you still have the fault report numbers that were raised? Happy to chase them for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
18 Kudos