cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Tubemaster
New Contributor

Password Not Working for 5Ghz Option on V2 Safemcom Optus modem Router

HELP!!! Already spent hours sorting existing issues. Just got delivery of corrrect VDSL AC modem from Optus. Devices recognising 5Ghz option, but password supplied doesn't work. Only works for 2Ghz option. Any suggestions - potential reward on offer for first correct answer!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Password Not Working for 5Ghz Option on V2 Safemcom Optus modem Router

Thanks for reaching out, @Tubemaster - off the top of my head I've not come across this issue before. However if you can send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number I'm happy to contact our Networks crew to shed some light on this? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor hot_dots
Occasional Contributor

Was there ever an answer found for this?  I have exactly the same thing happening and after days and hours on the phone to Optus support they are no closer to a solution.  I am getting a bit sick of hearing "but that should work"!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @hot_dots, this isn't a known issue with the sagecom modem so I'd recommend trying a factory reset and see how this goes. If you still have troubles after this, let us know though.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hollie, I have now done 6 resets over two modems (one of your techs gave up and sent a new modem saying that the modem was the problem....apparently not) and it does not fix the problem.  I have managed to completly confound two of your phone techs, as I said I am sick of hearing from them, "but that should work", well guess what....... it doesn't work.......

I did ask one of them had the NBN installer forgot to set something up that would allow me to connect to the 5ghz?  He gave me a gentle laugh and said that would not be it.  Well what is it then?  Because it seems nobody at Optus has any ideas???????????

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Just to confirm, what devices are you trying to connect to 5GHz on? What is the actual error you're receiving or can you not find the 5GHz network at all? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hollie I have tried connecting many different devices from Windows 10 desktops to latest Iphone 7's.  They can all discover the 5ghz network, however, when you use the password to join it comes up with; Connection Failed Incorrect Password.

I have even changed the password in the modem admin section (while on the phone to your tech support) and this has also failed.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hmm it might be worth chatting to our Premium Home Support team on 1300 724 347 to see if they can give you any guidance on this and let us know how that goes.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hollie, I rang the Premium Home Support team and guess what?????  They just transfered me back to the original tech support.  That's service for you.

I heard back from my original tech support guy just before and yes he still has no solutions or ideas after sitting on it for two days.  All he has said is that he will keep asking around and give me a call if he discovers anything.  In other words I am up you know what creek without a paddle. If I ran my business like  this I wouldn't have one!

I can't believe that in the whole of optus nobody has any clues!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor gerrylopez
New Contributor

@hot_dots@Hollie@Sam_D ... well ... what can I say, because I am literally speechless. Since putting up my original post back on 5th Jan (now 17th Jan), I have;

• Spoken to no less than 27 representatives from Optus, including four from the "Customer Relations Group" (some form of S.W.A.T. kind of Optus "Premium" customer service group). Far from Premium, they've been extraordinarily underwhelming
  • One of the Premium S.W.A.T team said before they could consider letting me off the nauseous roller-coaster ride known as "Optus NBN", they had to have a "Level 2" Technician check out the issue. Whoa ... a "Level 2" Technician (whatever that is). Now we're talkin'
  • I was a bit disappointed when I got a phone call from some guy in Sydney. He ordered a replacement modem and faithfully promised to call me back (like I'm on call, sitting by the phone each day ready to pounce on it every time it rings, 'cos I tell ya, not even the BEST private eye in the country could track down any of these Optus reps)
  • Anyway, the wrong modem turned up. So he had to order another one ... and was so matter-of-fact about it, I just start higgling on the phone it was so absurd
  • The new one arrived today (now the fourth we've received since 23rd Dec.) and guess what??? IT'S NOT DIFFERENT TO THE OTHERS!!!
  • Can't connect to 5Ghz, drops out on iOS devices once their out of range (about six metres from what we've experienced)
  • Can't connect our Samsung internet TV's
  • Can't connect any 5Ghz compatible devices
  • Range is utterly useless

...  and so on. Pleeeeease Optus. Release me .... pleeeeeease.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors