Searching...

Outgoing Emails being blocked

shiftyas

My emails sent to a friend who uses Earthlink which blocks me, even on Optus Webmail.

Earthlink say optus IP Address is barred. There are 3 IP Addresses used by Optus and blocks the lot. Love a support center that works 9 to 5 Mon Fri.

This is the mail system at host mail105.syd.optusnet.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<.....................>: host mx6.earthlink.net[207.69.189.229] said: 550 IP

211.29.132.249 is blocked by EarthLink. Go to earthlink.net/block for

details. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Re: Outgoing Emails being blocked

Yeldarb

Yes it's an ongoing problem with no permanent  solution unfortunately. Optus are aware of the problem but have little control over third party blacklists. No sooner do they get a mail server unblocked it gets blocked again. This is one of downsides to ISP mail and the problems with Optus appear to be getting worse of late.

Highlighted

shiftyas

This would explain why when l sent an email from one mail box that was blocked, tried another mail box and it got through to my friend, but next day sent another email from same mail box and was then also blocked. Even Web Mail is blocked by Earthlink.

Thanky for your reply, nice to know I'm not alone in this, I made Optus aware of this problem a week ago and still no answer!

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Well all you can do is report the issue and hope you don't end up on another mail server that is blocked. If I check that IP reported in your first post it is showing as blocked. If I randomly check IP addresses in that same subnet there will be more blocked addresses as the second link shows. That unfortunately shows the scale of the problem with Optus mail servers.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a211.29.132.249&run=toolpage

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a211.29.132.246&run=toolpage

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos