Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lotusgreen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Outage

My NBN not working since 9 pm last night. The NBN Tech working on the street rang my intercom last night to ask if it was working and to reboot the NBN modem . Told them the internet connection was still out and the Tech casually said it will be.on tomorrow morning. Still not working this morning. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Outage

Still six hours left on the clock?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Lotusgren,

Had the technician gone out to attend a neighbourhood outage or had the technician gone out to address an issue that was isolated to your address? How are we looking this morning? Is there service back up and running? If we've given you a fault reference number, feel free to send that through. We'll check on how this one has progressing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Lotusgreen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Dan. I am not sure what the Techs were up to. It was dark and I could go only see the yellow lights from my window. It was  past 9 pm. Been at work all day and the internet is back on now. I do wish the NBN connection was stable. Had been thinking about voting with my feet but all the Internet providers are no different, really..some worse off than others, depending on which umbrella organisation they are under. NBN should really pull their finger out .  Australians deserve better treatment than this. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So an issue occured 9pm last night? You got a personal call enquiring about your situation and a timeline for a fix. NBN crews worked diligently (late into the night and through the next day) to repair the issue and when you arrived home everything was as it should be?

Things go wrong sometimes. The sign of a good company IMO is how they respond when everything is not 100%.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Lotusgreen
New Contributor
New Contributor

I beg to differ, things go wrong most of the time with NBN like 3-4 times a week. . The Tech buzzed my intercom, so obviously they were doing something out on the street. Optus Tech help for  internet problems is almost non existent. You only get automated instructions to reboot the modem, which is like flogging a dead horse. I do agree that things do go wrong now and again, like a power failure. The internet is an integral part of our lives and when you are left in the dark, that often, it’s unacceptable.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Well now you're bringing in a whole lot of new information to the thread. 

We can only go on what you post. Based on the initial post and the response you described along with the successful outcome I'd say that was pretty spectacular service in this instance. But as you say, everyone's free to decide what they feel is acceptable.

Hopefully whatever the NBN guys were working on, it was to remedy your once a month issues.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Mike-N
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

If you ever have trouble with your NBN connection @Lotusgreen, it's usually a good idea to start by checking our outage map here. If nothing's listed our Tech Team can be reached via Live Chat. If you ever have any trouble seeking help from our team via Live Chat, please don't hesitate to send us a private message here on Yes Crowd. One of the team will always be more than happy to look into your fault for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos