cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Outage 9 Dec 3107

Postcode 3107. No nbn for last couple of hours. Anyone else? 9 Dec 2017 now 3.30pm

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Outage 9 Dec 3107

Hey @Frustated2,

We haven't received a report of an outage in 3107. All known outages/planned maintenance and upgrades are broadcast on our Network status page http://yesopt.us/networkstatus. Just to be sure, I've actually checked NBN's service and operations portal and they haven't noted an outage in the area either. I've also checked http://aussieoutages.com/status/nbnco/map/ and there doesn't look to be any other NBN customer reports. It sounds like an isolated issue. If that's the case, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb.

It's also a good idea to power cycle your modem and wait 30 seconds. It looks like we have HFC-NBN down in 3107. I'd also suggest power cycling the NBN connection box (Arris modem). Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying.

I did reboot both modem and router - several times. I am unfortunately well practiced with dropouts.  I contacted live chat and it seems I just have an 'unstable connection' with 'random' dropouts. I was told to change my cable over and reset both boxes.

I think that vhere is a problem out in the street but the support person wouldn't make a complaint to the nbn. I am so fed up with dropouts - which mostly are brief but can last much longer (like yesterday)  that my next stop will be the ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Your welcome @Frustrated2 and sorry for your on going NBN connection issue. Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting and the issue still exists as such I will raise this with our Technical Case Management team to investigate further and contact you back to confirm. Can you please PM us → here your home phone number / account number, full name and date of birth to proceed. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors