Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
markbrennan2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optusnet email outage

I have 2 optusnet email accounts that have been receiving "your password is out date" messages for over a week now.  Numerous phone calls, 4 temp passwords and I'm no further advanced.  This is 3rd time with same problem this year!  What is happening?  I've been told I will be contacted when webmail is working but I'm missing and losing emails.

Mark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optusnet email outage

@markbrennan2  Yes Crowd is a public forum and not a direct support point for Optus. 
I doubt very much if there will be an official response from Optus as to what is the issue in the Yes Crowd.
I suggest setting up alternate email accounts Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo.
Better security, spam protection and totally independent of any Internet service provider.

Once you Optus accounts are up and going migrate everything across to your new accounts. 

I am an Optus user.
Kartika

Hi @markbrennan2, apologies for any inconvenience caused to the issues with your webmail. We're aware of an issue impacting the webmail services (REF#22859280) at the moment. Our Tech teams are working to restore services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
markbrennan2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your advice. Migration sounds easier than it will be for me I'm afraid, i do have an Outlook account for one of the emails.
Mark
leejay01
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tigers1719.... I lost in excess of 2,200 emails in the July30 - Aug4 2020 webmail debacle. Optus attempted to blame me for deleting them, but how do you do that without knowing..... You simply dont..!! I am preparing a submission for the TIO: see what happens there! Cheers
0 Kudos
leejay01
New Contributor
New Contributor

Kartika.... you seem to be well versed on "missing webmails"..    You might like to have a look at my case 22922747 because nobody appears to be assisting me.    A lot of 2 way phone contact between Optus and me and all Optus can come up with is that I deleted in excess of 2,200 emails from my webmail account..... NO way...!! This all originated during your webmail outage late July and early Aug 2020.... Let me know what you think.... Cheers John

0 Kudos