Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Michieux
Occasional Contributor

Optus router shows 'connected to internet' but can't access internet

Optus router shows 'connected to internet' but can't access internet via browser. NBN box lights steady blue. Re-set NBN box and can access internet again for about 20-25 mins, then zilch, although Optus router shows internet connected. What gives? Have done this several times now, always same result. Am I insane?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN

Are you connecting via WiFi or ethernet? If WiFi and you're able to do so, try a wired connection. If the problem goes away it's down to just the WiFi and we can work through some solutions

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hello, and thanks for your response.

My PC is on wi-fi, but our Foxtel box is wired via powerline, and the problems affected both devices. However, for the past several hours I've experienced no more issues. Can't say what caused or rectified the problem, though.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

ok now the key is no sudden movements when you're at home, you could set it off again

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Occasional Contributor

Well, over the past two days my NBN box went permanently offline. A call to Optus at the earliest opportunuty set the wheels in motion to rectify the problem, resulting in a visit by an NBN technician this morning who traced the cause to a faulty connection on the pole outside - that is, old telephone wire meets modern fibre. He promptly fixed it and now we are back online, better than ever.

Kudos to Optus and NBN for prompt and courteous service.

Cheers,

Michieux

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great outcome. Thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let our community members know 🙂 

Cheers!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor HowardL
Occasional Contributor

Some powerline systems have problems with devices powered through power surge protectors and related devices. Old powerline systems only worked reliably on the same power circuit (ie same line off the power box)
0 Kudos