cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor sunali
New Contributor

Optus router after NBN keeps dropping Internet

Has anybody experienced this? On a daily basis now our internet is dropping out. I'd thought it was issues with the NBN but have finally clicked that the 'internet' light on the NBN box is still lit, it's the optus router that has lost it. If I reset it, it usually recovers - but resetting it every day is getting ridiculous (especially since I have to re setup my stupid printer every time it happens). Yesterday even a reset didn't fix it - yet if I plugged into the NBN box directly, voila! Internet was fine. So it's a stuffed router. 

Has anybody had this issue? And any luck getting Optus to address it without just telling me to reset the router and then pretending it's fine (till next day it drops again)...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor Paquicamus
New Contributor

Re: Optus router after NBN keeps dropping Internet

I have had experience the same problem and they investigated and decided to change the modem. My old one was about 3 years Plus (white colour) for a Black Modem. Since it has been installed it has dropped once and reset it by unpluggind power cord and wait for 1 minute. Now is working OK . I will keep my fingers cross!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you contact us directly, we should be able to tell whether the issue is related to your modem.

When you contact us, the first thing we'll do is a run a remote diagnostic on the NBN hardware. Normally, this test will indicate if there's an issue with the NBN network or an issue related to your Optus supplied equipment.

We're also able to see just how many times your modem has lost connection with the Optus Network. 

I'd suggest messaging our Social Media service team over Facebook or Twitter. They'll be able to get the balling rolling.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Paquicamus
New Contributor

Your suggestion is hepfull. I have contacted Technical Services and eventually they sent a new modem.
So far the has lost connection 3 times.
Next time I will message to Facebook.
Thank you.
0 Kudos