cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor MinceyHeid
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

I think this issue has been fixed at our place. It certainly appeared to be last night. I did however receive the following SMS earlier today

Optus: We've found some customers still experiencing issues, so we're continuing to investigate and work on it. We're sorry, and we'll update you soon

0 Kudos
New Contributor beeb
New Contributor

Smiley Sad still an issue for me in 3192

Haven't heard from optus within the 1-2days promised by sms... i'm hardly surprised.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Hi @beeb, sorry to hear about your internet connection issue. Have you received any updates since posting? Yes, there is a fault reported in your area Cheltenham, VIC 3192 at the moment. You can always check the Network Status page to confirm. Our technicians are already aware of the fault and are working to fix this as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is no ETA at the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor beeb
New Contributor

Hi, no. No updates since posting.

I've been checking the Network Status page every few hours for 3+days and am frustrated and surprised by the lack of explanation and by the duration.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor MinceyHeid
Occasional Contributor

Sorry to hear that @beeb and others might still be experiencing issues. Everything looks fine at our little corner of Cheltenham, but I know how frustrating it is with the lack of information from Optus about the problem and the unknown resolution time.

In the meantime, I just got the following SMS from Optus.

Optus: Work is continuing this morning on the complex network issues impacting your services. Next update by PM. Ref: 1855xxxx.

Contributor Petersurf
Contributor

Hi Beeb,  the only advice I can give to you and to all.  Log a fault with Optus and make sure you get a reference number.  It is important to get a reference number. They will ask you for your mobile number if they are going to send updates.   Making a comment in this section is not the same a logging a fault.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor beeb
New Contributor

Thanks Petersurf,

yes I reported and do have a reference number, but hadn't gotten any followup (until 3mins ago).

Even while others were reporting improvements and ticket closures, the Network Status page was showing an ongoing problem in my area, and indeed still is now.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor paulp2018
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting this on optus cable and so is someone in the area I spoke to. I've message the toomey fellow on the forum who has done nothing for over a week to help me.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Truso
Occasional Contributor

Very, very frustrating!! Since Feb 18 I’ve got problems with NBN Optus. It was on and off. I’ve reported fault on 22.04.18 - took them bloody couple of days to admit that there is a problem, even though so many people are complaining about drop outs and websites not working. Optus said on 26th, that issue should be fixed now. Guess what - it was for 2 days and now I don’t have internet at all!! What is even more annoying, that you would report the fault, yet on the outages map Optus is showing that everything works!? I’m so fed up with this b…t! For the reference - this is in Sandringham 3191
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Truso, not good to hear of the on-going problems with your service. There's definitely no reported issues in Sandringham so we would need to investigate your specific connection. Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can review Tech Support's notes and escalate as required. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors