cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor sfkHooper
New Contributor

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

So it looks like some months later this problem is still happening. I'm a new-to-NBN customer. We've enjoyed a good service for about 8 weeks. Suddenly, on Sunday, certain websites refuse to load, the Fetch box can't connect to the internet and Netflix reports that it can't connect to it's main server (but it can connect to server 2 and server 2, even though this doesn't help to deliver streaming service). The problem is on all devices, wired & WiFi. I tried a soft reset and a full hard reset on the Fetch box, which cost me all of our recordings, but still no luck. The Fetch network diagnosis says the cable is connected and an IP address is active, but no internet connection. Of course we have unplugged the modem several times.

This all reads very similarly to the accounts detailed by other people in this thread. What the hell is with Optus NBN? I'm concerned, reading other people's stories, that we are at the beginning of a long and frustrating road.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

Hi skfHooper,

It's not clear if you have contacted Optus to look into the various issues you are experiencing?

If things were working fine up until recently, did you check to see if there are any reported issues in your area? You just need to click on the Outages tab and enter your location.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors