Searching...

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

deltasigma

No, clearing the cache did not work.

I end up at a page with url: https://www.optus.com.au/customercentre/myaccount/notauthorised

Tris

Might need to raise a case then, could you please send me a PM with your full name, account/phone number and your DOB? Also, are you having any trouble with the My Optus App? It would be a good option whilst I'm getting this sorted out

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Wardy66

Really interesting to watch the PR Guys (sorry, Mods...) spin their way through this. Tough gig and I'm glad I don't have to do it. Optus, you self-evidently have serious issues materially providing the service you are contracted by your customers to provide. Yup we're having the same issues... Cable broadband worked for two days but now many sites cannot be accessed. Optus chat support staff know nothing. Let's cut the crap about that being 'service', they're basically robots following a flow chart. Here's an idea, spend some money actually fixing the problem, rather than spending it on PR trying to appease your customers; because we don't buy it. At least I don't. And hey, all the money we have to spend on data because you can't provide the service you're contracted to provide; how do we get that money back? Spin me an answer to that...

Ev_

Hey @Wardy66, if you can shoot through a private message with your account details - full name, DOB and account number, and any fault reference numbers, we can take a look into the service for you.

Raramouse

My speed test continually fails of late

Shauna

Hey @Raramouse - Hrmm... what type of issues are you experiencing? Slow speeds, dropouts or both? What type of connection do you have? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Petersurf

Hi, it’s me, the originator of the post.  Went away for a month and came home and got the same problem again.  Some websites work and some don’t. Internet speed is good when the websites work. Couldn’t be bothered contacting Optus again.  The phone help people just aren’t equipped to take the call.  I would like to know how long it will take the issue to be resolved.  Been a while now.

Highlighted

Tris

Could you confirm the most recent fault number you were provided @Petersurf? The original case appears to be closed

Wardy66

This ‘support’ network is a sham. I bit the bullet and swapped out the modem provided by Optus. Problem solved.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos