Searching...

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

Petersurf

We are still having regular problems since the 1st issue was raised.  Logged another issue a few days ago with Optus and waiting on a call back.  Randomly websites are inaccessible or it just drops out for up to an hour. The difference now is that apps on the iPhone have also randomly stopped allowing access also.  One app will work and another won’t.  Before the apps just wouldn’t work at all.  

Truso

Hi Toomey, thank you for your interest. I'm not quite sure how to send a private message, so for now this is a ticket number I've got after logging the fault. I've also talked to tech support yesterday and they've said that there is a NBN issue, so no internet for 2 days! I'm very conscious of my mobile data usage over the last 2 weeks and how quickly I'm running out of it. My latest ticket number is 18612783. I've also logged it online  and received a message - ref 140504013. Thanks again for help!

Anthony22793

I'm Having the same issue now. Can't access some websites but can access others. For example, can't access Netflix or Stan or even bloody optus.com.....funny ain't it. Doesn't work on any of my computers, phones or browsers. Did the usual reset flush change dns etc etc etc but obviously a problem with optus. Only way I managed to access the sites were through tunneling using an online free vpn. Called optus, usually as f support team as usual, said will check the problem and never got back. Anyway located vic3053, please solve the problem guys, ur internet is Jackshit. 

Zac_H

Hey @Anthony22793

Terribly sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing certain sites. I've just checked and there's no issues or outages reported in the area. If you're able to send me a private message with your username or account number, we'll take a closer look into it for you. 

[ Edited ]
Anthony22793

My account number is  xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan_C

@Anthony22793, I've just edited your post to remove your account number from public view. 

Can you fill out the following template and send that through via private message? 

Are you the primary account holder:

Your full name:

DOB:
Account or service number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

StuBrown

I’ve been on the phone to Optus with this issue for over a week now..All I get told is that they will raise an issue with the technicians. Also affects wenmail

fashionhayley

Hi, I am having the same issue. It only affects certain websites randomly and is very frustrating. It is for both my home broadband internet and then my mobile data. My sister has Optus as her mobile provider but TPG for home internet and I got her to test the same 2 websites I have been having issues with. With TPG internet conected to her wifi on her phone she was able to access the 2 websites. Then when she turned off the wifi and was using her Optus mobile data she could no longer access them. She lives on the other side of the city so it isn't just my area. To further test I got my ex boyfried who also has Optus on his phone to try to access the 2 websites and he wasn't able to. I don't know anyone else with Optus home internet to test this out. Can you please fix this Optus it is very frustrating. 

deltasigma

I can't even access the Optus website itself to check my credit and data balance.

It has been like this for 5+ weeks.

The url I put in is https://www.optus.com.au/my-account-login? It allows me to input my username and password, but then gives this message: Oops! Looks like the page you were looking for may be down or is no longer available Please try clicking on My Account and then searching for the page again. If this does not work, please try logging in later on. I have used Optus chat twice already to complain and it has not been fixed. Any advice?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Tris

Hi @deltasigma, is it just My Account you're having trouble accessing? From the sounds of it, this would either be a problem with your My Account profile or your browser is accessing cached data. The URL you've included is fine, there's not any ongoing outage impacting My Account either. Have you tried clearing your browsers cache or accessing My Account via a different device? We may need to raise an IT case.

For checking prepaid credit and data balance, I'd also suggest checking out the My Optus App

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos