Searching...

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

[ Edited ]
FarCanal

I suspect there's a broken link that isn't being automatically re-routed, and/or there's mis-configured BGP routes.

It's definitely not your modem or router causing this.

All sites work when I connect through a VPN.

radiohoon

The problem has been fixed here in Highett.  I haven't received an update from Optus to tell me it is fixed though.

Brucet6

Good to hear it has been fixed.  I will check when I am home tonight (Hampton).  So much for tech support yesterday that were more interested in trying to get sales by uplifting my plan and referring me onto premium support (for $90).  Not impressed Optus.

Highlighted

Petersurf

Hi All, looks like we are up and running again with the internet.  It was really great that we were able to log the fault and to have Optus take us seriously when enough of us got on board.  Fingers crossed it’s only up from here.  Special thanks to the moderators for their help!

radiohoon

Just got the solved text from Optus: Optus : Your service should be working now, please use as normal. However we want to monitor it longer to be sure it's all OK - we'll update if needed

KC_Bayside

I'm back up as well, although no notification received from Optus.

Dan_C

@KC_Bayside, thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's back up and running. 

Had you called up and asked for us to attach your account to the main trouble ticket that we'd raised? 

That way your contact details are added to the outage notification distribution list for the PR.  

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

KC_Bayside

I logged the issue from the Service Status page which stated I would receive an sms once issue was resolved.

KC_Bayside

Just checked and the "Live outage" is still open, probably why I haven't received notification.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

Dan_C

I've also been impacted by the outage @KC_Bayside.

My NBN service in Hampton East seemed to have kicked itself back into gear last night.

I've checked the PR and we've left the following remark:

SMS SENT - Your service should be working now, please use as normal; however, we want to monitor it longer to be sure it's all OK - we'll update if needed.

It looks like they're keeping it open to monitor the issue further.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos