Searching...

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

Winzi

Ironic thing is this website is being blocked on my pc and phone if running on wireless!! Had to go onto mobile network to access the forum!!

MinceyHeid

I just got an SMS from Optus saying the issue should now be resolved. It might be worth re-trying the websites you were previously having issues with.

Optus Msg: The fault REF: 1855xxxx should now be fixed. If the issue continues, visit Optus.com.au/faults-hub or call us 24/7 on 131344

[ Edited ]
Layback-

upload.jpg

Just had a another livechat with a technical support team to check if there's any further updates (handed a fault reference number that @Dan_C has provided) and he admitted that there is a problem on the line that is coming into this area, NOT US or OUR TOOLS.

He also stated that since this issue is forwarded to NBN Co., this would possibly take upto 24 hours to be fixed.

MinceyHeid

Further to my previous post regarding an SMS from Optus saying the issue was resolved, I just received another SMS contradicting that.

Optus: We have identified an outage in your area that is impacting your services. We aim to restore services ASAP. Updates to follow. Apologies. Ref 1855xxxx

I just just checked some of the websites I was having issues with earlier (including The Age) and there are still problems for us. Flick on to 4G and all works fine.

Good stuff Optus. Love your work.

MinceyHeid

Another update SMS from Optus just arrived

Optus: Significant progress has been made on fixing the issues impacting your services, work will continue overnight. More updates in AM. Ref: 1855xxxx.

radiohoon

I got that update too.  I too have been on chat 6 times over the last two days, dropped out at the very end  of all but the last one who finally logged the issue after I told him the number of someone else's issue.  On the phone once.... I could not undertsand him and he couldn't understand me and that one dropped out too.  Called and requested a call back this morning... still no callback.  Have been told to restart the modem every time.  It seems having call centres overseas doesn't work.  All the people on the tech support area seem to do is trouble shooting that I can access and do myself.  Optus needs a tech support team who talk to each other!

Layback-

Thank you for keep sharing the SMS that you get, @MinceyHeid!

Highlighted

KC_Bayside

The problem started for me yesterday, needed to work from home and was unable to access 0ffice 365, e-mail & a number of web sites. 

The issue is still ongoing, was only able to get to this web page via Mobile Hotspot on the Optus mobile network. Through Optus NBN the page times out. 

I contacted Optus and was informed there were no current issues with NBN in my area. Glad I came across this post!

What are the next steps?

radiohoon

KC_Bayside log the problem.  I noticed if you check the network status with your postcode on the optus website there should be an option to report the fault.  If not go onto chat and insist that there is already an issue being looked at ...I've been told the parent fault number is18552942.

KC_Bayside

They must have recently updated their service status page, now displaying"LIVE OUTAGE" in my area.

"Customers will be experiencing degraded performance from their internet service, and some page requests may time out."

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos