Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

Dan_C, the flushdns thing doesn't help at all.

Restarting your machines or toggling the port (wireless or cabled) would do the same thing, and that hasn't worked for us.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan...flush DNS would imply it is an issue with a specific PC.  We established almost 24 hours ago this isnt the case.  

Best thing you can do at this stage, is put your hand up and admit YOU'VE got the problem - rather than trying to throw people off the scent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fix the issue Optus, stop saying it's our problem. Netflix, PSN clash of clans and various other things will not work on your network but if we connect to a mobile hotspot they seem to all work fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I thought I would call Optus and update them with the fact I have swapped out the Sagemcom modem with another and we are still experiencing the same issue. In other words, it is unlikely to be a modem issue.

I explained our situation again, and even asked the tech to check this forum to see that it isn't isolated to just our property, or even just our suburb. However, I was treated like a bit of a fool and given the line about there being no issue (congestion or other) or outages in the area and that there wasn't much they could do.

I asked for my call to be attached to the problem ticket Dan_C suggested and for it to be escalated. She said that it will be passed on to the NBN to run some tests, and that could take up to 48 hours to be carried out.

I sympathise that this is an intermittent problem, but in truth I don't have much hope that anything will be done about this until Optus get a sufficient number of tickets raised that will force them into some sort of action. Most people in the area probably don't even realise there is something wrong, and only a minority of them will go through the frustration of trying to log a ticket.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Dan ..... swear word swear word swear word...... apparently it’s all too hard for Optus to give a child ticket

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Far out ...... they don’t want to give me a child ticket..... they won’t tell me the reference number for my complaint yesterday .... help me Dan!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

WOW ........soooooooooo hard to get a child ticket and even harder to find out the reference for my call yesterday.    

After 24 hours of the same problem.  Ring/email/online chat again !!!!!! 

Get another reference number!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Wow,  child ticket is 18557084 (got it after about 45 min).  Did this via online chat and the downloaded the chat for reference.  No reference number available from my call yesterday. No written customer procedure available for us for how to log faults.  If problem still exists webchat again  with Optus after 24 hours have expired.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We've received an update on 18552942. Our Network Team have now escalated this issue to the NBNco for further investigation. They've collated the reports from customers in the area who have called in and also from the reports @Dan_C has passed on via Yes Crowd. We'll continue to monitor the fault ticket for you and provide any updates as they become available. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm sure Optus will be compensating there users for this outage, I know you don't control the NBN but if it's this bad don't offer it. 

We have raised speed issues and drop out issues prior to this.

We have pretty much used all of our mobile data, wouldn't care as much if it wasn't a public holiday but it is and we pay to have the privilege to use these tools. 

0 Kudos