Searching...

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

jamespb78

I'm still on live chat with them now...pleading with them to log a fault.  Cant believe it is this hard.  

Truso

Hi, we've got a constant drop outs and problems with accessing any internets - time outs or not getting there at all - in Sandringham, VIC 3191 - very frustruting!

Truso

This is exactly what happens to me - good speed test, nothing works! NBN is constantly dropping out

Highlighted

Petersurf

Make sure you log a problem with Optus. And if possible ask them for a reference number. Something I forgot to do.

jamespb78

Logged a fault with them via live chat....took 1 hour to do so!

At the end of the chat, he had the cheek to say that they were aware of the issue, and had reports from others users also.  I said it was a shame he didnt believe me at the start of that an hour ago.

Followed it up with Optus on twitter....now they're back to playing the game of "we arent aware of any issue, and no one else has reported anything".

F'ing useless!

[ Edited ]
Truso

I've just got off the second phone call of the night and the same s..t - there was no record of my first call and they apparently gave me a fake reference number then! I'm in the same Cheltenham/Sandringham area and this has been going on for DAYS. They are sending a new modem - as there is no issue! SURE

Petersurf

Check out 

http://aussieoutages.com/status/optus/melbourne

you can can see all the reported problems.  

Layback-

EXACT SAME ISSUE HERE!

I'm also in Kingston area and most of the websites started not working for me yesterday, BUT did have a quite good internet speed.

Just now, I had a livechat with a techinical support team and she booked me a technician on Friday and guaranteed 100% that the problem would be fixed.

SURE, when it's not a problem with my modem or NTD box, but lines in this area.

I've been OPTUS for about last 4 years and never been happy with their services.

Well if nothings done, the only thing left is lodging a complaint to ACCC as well as TIO just like I did at my previous property. At least I did get 2 months credit back after doing this.

Dan_C

Hey guys, I’m following this one up with Networks.

We were tracking an issue in the Bayside/Kingston area last night (which was thought to have been resolved).

I'll post back here once I have further information.

I've checked NBN's service and operations portal and we have a number of open incidents logged in 3192,3188 and 3189.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Truso

Hi Dan, thank you for the update. What is really upseting, that Optus tech support treat everyone calling as an idiot and they are in a complete denial of any ongoing issues, even though they have so many complains about the same problem from the same area. Therefore no action has been taken to resolve anything until now - very, very disappointing.

And - by the way - internet is still not working properly, so its not only last night. I'm acutally using my mobile data to post this comment

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos