Searching...
Highlighted

Optus problem accessing websites

Petersurf

Hi, is anyone else having problems accessing websites using Optus nbn?

Re: Optus problem accessing websites

SamSam

Nope, is it affecting all sites or just specific ones? Also, have you tried a modem reset? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

jamespb78

Yes..exact same problem here.  Optus NBN in Cheltenham/Highett/Moorabbin Victoria.

Spent an hour on the phone with Optus....who said they would log a fault...when I rang back later to check there is no such record of fault.

Now on live chat, and they still have their head buried in the sand not believing there is an issue!

Bloody hopeless.

Petersurf

Hi, don’t let them go. I am in Cheltenham also and they said no issues found. They are now going to send me a new modem

Petersurf

Hi, don’t let them go. I am in Cheltenham also and they said no issues found. They are now going to send me a new modem

Petersurf

It is definitely an Optus problem, after confirming the issue on 3 laptops, 2 iPads and 2 mobile phones.  The person who helped me was good, but I did feel as if they tried to say it was my issue for a good portion of the call.

Petersurf

Random sites and tried every reset under the sun.  Now internet is sporadic at best.  Strange thing is that I have the best download speeds for quite some time.  Over 20mbs.

jamespb78

Cheltenham is the same suburb for me.  Just near Southland.

I dont think a new modem is going to do you any good - clearly seems to be a network fault.

jamespb78

Should also mention, we too can occasionally access speed test site...speed test result is OK, but most websites simply wont load.

Petersurf

I agree , but ran into a dead end with phone help. I don’t think they believe it’s their problem and probably won’t do anything until more people log faults.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
65 Kudos
24 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos
11 Kudos