Searching...

Optus outage web pages

dsm99

Hello,

I don't see the point of having this wonderfully promoted service to advise of outages in my area when every time i ever use it it is not up to date. See this link - https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

The wonderful smiley face in the picture has obviously never had an outage.

i live in QLD postcode 4212, and no outages are on the site, so i ring tech support who advise an outage in my area has existed for over 2 hours.

Waste of my time and the tech support time to identify this. 

Is there any reason why this service that is provided is never provided????????

NO OUTAGE.jpg

Re: Optus outage web pages

Dan_C

@dsm99, how's things going now? Are you now up and running? It could depend on the length as well as the severity of the outage. The page should be updated as soon as we’ve created a problem report.

Is there any reason why this service that is provided is never provided?

In my experience, the Network status page is usually spot-on. How often do you check the site? You're saying that the page has never been a good indicator of your current service status?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dsm99

Hello Dan

The network is now fixed, however this is not the issue.

I only check the page when I have network issues. Having worked in the telco space, I am conversant with all the standard checks to confirm the outage is network related and not equipment related.

I only check the outage page when I have identified an outage exists. This is the second time in 2 months where an outage has occurred and both times no updates on outage page.

I can advise that tech support said the ticket was raised 2 hours before my call. The screen snapshot shows the time I checked, and the ticket number relating to the outage raised 2 hours prior that I was given by Tech support was 7433629.

Historically, over a long period I cannot recall when an outage I have identified in my area has appeared on this page.

dsm99

Moderator silence is Golden........

Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Dan_C

Sorry @dsm99, it's not intentional. I try and reply as quickly as I can but when there's 50 + open threads that need a response plus PM's, I can fall a bit behind.

I'll try and address your enquiry to the best of my ability. I'm not if you're all that interested in the process/pathway an outage takes until it's broadcast on our Network status page but I'll give you a very brief run down.

• A customer calls up, the front-line agent identifies an outage. The frontline agent is directed to confirm whether that Network element is down (differs depending on the Network type).
  • The frontline agent notifies our Network interface management team.
  • The Network team create a Network outage ticket. Individual tickets are stapled to the parent ticket as "child’s."
  • Depending on the length/severity of the outage, it'll be broadcast on our Network status page.

I really can't explain why this hadn't in your case but it should have. The ticket reference you’d been given also doesn’t look right. Problem reports are eight digits long and begin with the number one.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
92 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos