Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SBoots
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus or not Optus

In less than 48 hours, I tried to request by Mbpa speed to be increased.

1) Spoke to Quaz from Optus chat, and was informed that my speed to 100 Mbps for extra $20. So I accepted.

2) that evenng , I found my Mbps had not changed.

3) I then contacted Maxwell from the Optus chat. I fuound the speed was increased to 80 Mbps not 100 Mbps? so I requested the speed to be inceased to 100 

3) that evening I then contacted Loreto on Optus chat , where during the on line chat we lost contact.

4) then i contact Gian form Optus and was transfered to Jillian for tech help. lost contact as I had to turn off my modem to test once again. each time I have to write up a form with name/email/telephone etc.

5) I got through to tech help Thelma, I was informed it would take a few minutes to investigate and guess what. I haven;t heard back.

Yes, my next step will be to cancel and move to a service provider who can delevery the high end internet speed. 

This note is the short version and many other issues occurred during this 48 hours. like internet tripping out/ me having to keep informign my family that the internet has to be switch off. Download speed reaching 2.87 & upload reaching around 18.4. I should be on a 100 Mbps speed. Yes I was polite with all my coms so far. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus or not Optus

Hey @SBoots, really sorry to hear that you've had such a runaround 😞 That's definitely not the sort of experience you should have had.

Please PM me with your account number/username, full name and DOB so I can follow this up for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus or not Optus

Hi @SBoots,

I don't understand how these sorts of ongoing issues happen either at the second biggest telco in the nation. Although the endless stream of helpful customer service people that can't take ownership of the issue is a big factor IMO.

FWIW there's no such thing as an "80" speed band (its 25, 50 or 100). Depending on your NBN technology (specifically if it is FTTN) you may not be able to reach top speeds and so the agent may have been refering to the estimated top line speed possible for your connection. If you are on FTTN then switching ISPs won't alter this figure unfortunately. You can decide whether you want to pay the $20 for the speeds you can get or drop back to the 50 speed tier.

But with downloads at 3Mbps it sounds like something else might be going on?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos