cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor EightyYears
New Contributor

Re: Optus modem / wifi router cutting out several times a day

The NBN mob were a street away. They dig up the HCF cable at a junction box. A text message advised that the internet would be down from 7.00am to 3.00pm and so it was. There were four workers at the spot all day. I have no idea what they were doing. Optus was aware of the work being done - they sent the NBN message.  (The old telstra cable has been in the ground around here for upteen years). Sorry I cannot be of more help.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ynoodles
Occasional Contributor

No that's very helpful to know, just in case my NBN plays up again. It seems to me NBN tries to avoid costly repairs as much as they can. So the first guy who came for me just added a thingy to the NBN box, the second one replaced the box as well as external connectors, and the next time they proably also have to replace external cables. They just try and avoid that rather than fixing it properly at the fisrt attempt...

0 Kudos
New Contributor EightyYears
New Contributor

Re the NBN repairs in the next street - the problem with the modem 'dropping ' the internet - the frustration lasted for two months (August and September 2019). I was contacting Optus customer service every day (except Sundays - I needed a break). Optus tried to be helpful, and first of all referred the problem to the NBN for a check by them each time I rang. Every time and for two months the NBN advised Optus the the NBN line was working fine. Clearly the HCF line was not working properly, and once it was fixed, my problems ceased immediately. So far, all is well. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor aanton
New Contributor

@ynoodles when did you first connect to NBN? ie. how old were the oringinal connectors?

I got connected in April 2019, was fine until last week. Now many dropouts every day!

Wondering if changing the connectors will work for me?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ynoodles
Occasional Contributor

We bought and moved into the property last July and the NBN box was already there. The only way to find out how long it's been there would be to check when NBN became active on that street...