Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
glatkovic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus mail stuck in outbox

Hi 

I have had an issue for a while now where my optusnet mail account does not send emails and gets stuck in the my outbox. Incoming is OK.  This is irrespective if i use my windows or mac laptips or mobile. 

I have tried changing the outgoing settings to use different port numbers but still no issues.  

Has anyone bee able to resolve this issue? I am also using a different NBN provider (not optus) - not sure if this makes any difference

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_YC

Re: Optus mail stuck in outbox

Hey @glatkovic, sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Optusnet email.

Are you able to send emails from our webmail online portal? Have you also tried over a Mobile Data connection, not WiFi to see if it sends?

The correct configuration settings can be found on our Using an email application with OptusNet email support page.

If you're still unable to send emails even with the correct details, you may need to contact your NBN provider to see if they are blocking the outgoing ports.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@glatkovic wrote:

I am also using a different NBN provider (not optus) - not sure if this makes any difference

Yes, that's almost certainly the cause as many providers block at least some mail ports, especially 25, if it does not go to their own mail servers.

Checkout this thread.

0 Kudos
glatkovic
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks for the reply

Tried on my data connection only and still no luck. When sending mail via optus webmail , no issues. This is how I have been sending to date. 

Checked out the configuration guide and even setting the outgoing port to 465 (SSL) , same issues. 

0 Kudos
glatkovic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Followed their guide and still issues. 

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @glatkovic, it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your webmail service.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors