cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor hoihoi
New Contributor

Optus have been 'fixing' my issues for over 2 months.. without success

I'm just leaving this here to warn other users. Optus, you have been fixing my NBN/wifi issue for over 2 months now without success. Here is a record of my experience.

19/9/18 Wifi dropped out around 1pm and then 3pm. Called Optus again (it always takes 3 minutes to actually get to tech support). Spoke to someone (was hard to hear because another phone operator was loud nearby). This operator suggested the modem was faulty, which is the second time this was suggested but this operator suggested he would send a new modem out) 4-5 days.

14-18/9 Was firstly at work, then I was away from home for the weekend but my wife reported daily dropouts.

13/9/18 3:24pm Wifi dropped out. 3.26 called the TIO person (yes, have reported to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman), and left a message.

12/9/18 continued.. after 49 minutes and 15 seconds on the phone (yes I took a screenshot) I spoke to a supervisor. He told me the issue was speed, he would upgrade us for no charge, and this would definitely fix it. I should power cycle the modem in the morning and it would be fixed. I did this the following morning, not fixed.

12/9/18 Called support, told them what the person said yesterday but they said they couldn't do it, tried to get me to do a speed test. I asked for supervisor, still waiting after 40 minutes on the phone.

11/9/18 Called support, lady tried resetting, said this time it was definitely fixed. If it happened again to call back and they would arrange for a new modem.

7/9/18 3:11pm Wifi off again.

5/9/18 4:52pm Wifi off again

4/9/18 Wifi off. Called optus, said they fixed it

1/9/18 Wifi off. Called optus, said they fixed it

31/8/18 4:13pm Wifi off, called Optus... said they fixed it

22/8/18 4:12pm Wifi off again, reset modem

21/8/18 Called optus, said they fixed it

20/8/18 Message from Optus Msg: The fault REF:19----79 should be fixed now.
19/8/18 Internet off, called optus who said they fixed it

17/8/18 Message from Optus Msg: The fault REF:19----79 should be fixed now.

15/8/18 Internet off. Called optus, said they fixed it

13/8/18 4:30pm Wifi off again, reset modem

10/8/18 3:57pm Off again, reset modem
12:19pm again

9/8/18 4:10pm Internet off, reset modem

6 Replies
Moderator Shauna

Re: Optus have been 'fixing' my issues for over 2 months.. without success

Hey @hoihoi - Seems like this has been going on for quite some time now. Terribly sorry.

Can you please confirm your account number, full name and DOB (via private message) so we can take a look into this for you?

We'd like to follow this up. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Just a few thoughts.. Is the wifi drop out on one particular device or all devices? What is the wifi environment link in your area? Has Wifi worked properly with another modem or provider at your location? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor hoihoi
New Contributor

Just out of curiosity, how is your answer going to be any different from the ~10 answers I've got so far? I think there needs to be a consistency with Optus support... thanks for your offer, I have someone managing my case so I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

0 Kudos
New Contributor hoihoi
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions, basically the only thing that changed was we went from DSL to NBN, same amount of devices, router in the same position etc.. Dropouts on all devices (some using 5G channel others using 2.5G)

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor KarCav
Occasional Contributor

That's GREAT service for Optus!! the more loyal you are, the worse they treat you!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor sunnybee
Occasional Contributor

I had exactly the same last year, it was eventually fixed not by Oputs but a technician visit from NBN. Go ask for a real person to your place. It was not that easy though, no one showed up until the fourth or fifth appointment. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors