Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Angry01
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus hates it's customers

I tried to port my nbn from Telstra to Optus, Optus managed to get my internet cut off two days before the port and on the day of the port still no internet so i tried the chat assistance.  No help there.  

Three days later i tried to call but the automated system said the line was shut, call again within the time window i was actually calling in - so, down to the local shop who managed to call tech support on an internal line. 20 minutes on hold we speak to tech support who transfer us to pre activations.  Another 20 minutes on hold and pre activations transfer us back to tech support who transfer us back to pre activations who tells us that my new account had been cancelled.  Call sales for a new account...

Called sales who transfered me to pre activations who transfered me to tech support

Tech support decided that the issue was that someone had tried to force the activation and managed to suspend the service.  Refused to give a timeframe for fixing the issue - could be 1 day, 2 days, a week...

Called again tuesday, wednesday same run around 

I havn't had internet for 11 days now. Optus seems to have blocked my access to the chat support. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TommyB
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Optus hates it's customers

Try sending a PM to the moderator known as "Aman_B" here.  He works for Optus and may be able to get things sorted out for you.  Have your account number and ID handy.

If you get no joy from Optus then lodge a complaint with the TIO:

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear you've had a run around trying to get this sorted. I'd be happy to follow up if you shoot me a private message with your order number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Angry01
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pm sent. 

I complained to the TIO last week.  No response from Optus. 

Aman_B

Hi @Angry01, I've replied to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos