Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Scott22
New Contributor

Optus don't take complaints seriously so I've gone to the Ombudsman

Today I made my third attempt to make a complaint to Optus about the mess they are making of sorting out my NBN connection and the awful experience I'm having. The last two times I was assured they would do something; nothing happened. This time I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and was put on hold while the call handler went to find one - and then mysteriously was put through the NBNco technical helpdesk call tree, finally to speak to a bemused NBN employee who wasn't even advised why he was receiving the call.

Not once did Optus follow their complaint handling procedure and provide me with a reference number.

So I have now filed a complaint with the TIO. If anyone at Optus would like to actually engage with me, you can DM me a direct contact email address of someone qualified to actually handle a complaint.

2 Replies
New Contributor krazed0451
New Contributor

Re: Optus don't take complaints seriously so I've gone to the Ombudsman

I'll need one of those DMs too, technical support if woeful; anything off script and it all falls apart, I have attempted to make multiple complaints to no avail. I received a call earlier from a service manager, while on the phone to technical support (I was requested to call back to report drop out times on the NBN connection), the message left said I would receive a further callback... I just received a text saying the issue has been resolved!

I'd love to actually talk to someone competent, but I think I'm left with no option but to report to the ombudsman. This is the FOURTH time I have had this issue closed without resolution in spite of assurances that there was detailed notes on my account.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus don't take complaints seriously so I've gone to the Ombudsman

Optus is responsible for your NBN experience (that doesn't mean they can fix the issue though).

They should be working with the NBN closely (on customers behalf) to resolve any issues. However this process still seems to be very uneven.

If the option persists then you can exit any contract penalty free and perhaps a different RSP will be better able to provide a resolution.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos