Searching...

Optus does not play fair

SteveGee

After three months of grief over my nbn speeds and only getting a resolution by changing both modem ( now a dual band dlink with aerials)

and a new isp and intervention  by the TIO, just got a $250/contract cancellation fee.

I suggest it is in your interests to reverse it otherwise we will publish 

my story in local press

about how during the stuffed up porting of our home phone we have lost access to a number we have had since 1978.

And probably yet another TIO penalty.

I see your latest advert for contracted cell phone users sees a crim get a get out of jail free exit.

you promised me a free exit and just slugged me yet another huge bill for no service 

you remind me of my dead mothers bank..

see you in VCAT hearing guys..

cheers

Steve Gregory

Re: Optus does not play fair

[ Edited ]
SteveGee

Caveat emptor is a Latin term that means "let the buyer beware."

Similar to the phrase "sold as is,"

this term means that the buyer assumes the risk that a product may fail to meet expectations or have defects.

The second tv ad of Optus’ network campaign equates a deal gone really bad ending with a jail sentence,

telling customers: “If it’s not right, walk away.”

Equating an Optus contract with ‘confinement’, the telco’s head of marketing, Melissa Hopkins, said:

“The campaign shows a man walk out of confinement because he’s unhappy with his current situation, reinforcing our commitment to not hold new customers hostage if they aren’t happy with Optus.

Steve Gregory
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos